I face problem with 9115-520 (no display on opeate panel)

IBM workstations/servers/mainframes and operating systems (AIX, OS/2, etc.)
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
anysystem

I face problem with 9115-520 (no display on opeate panel)

Unread postby anysystem » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Sir,

I facing problem with my P520 model....power5..... earlier i was working and i loaded AIX 5.3.. and i quite ....means not used long time, not even power on since last 1 year......

just i power on the machine, there is problem operate panel light on, but no code display.....one dot is rounding from left to right. No code .....Now every day i plug power the machine and waited 2hrs....then removing power card...no use...i did not getting code in operate panel....

Even i connect serial port terminal , but not getting terminal also.

Can i get the solution for the problem.

I will be internet mostly with TeamViewer...if any one want to login and check the machine online ? just chat me...any time.

Email : anysystem@gmail.com

Regards:VELU

anysystem

Re: I face problem with 9115-520 (no display on opeate panel

Unread postby anysystem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:08 am

PLS. REPLY

yetanother**ixuser
Donor
Donor

Unread postby yetanother**ixuser » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 am

one word...this is NOT a commercial support forum, so stop yelling around for immediate attention..this is really annoying! if you want instant support go out and pay IBM for it! :evil:
no plan

anysystem

Unread postby anysystem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:50 am

Hellooo,

Forums creating for people discussing, collecting data and increasing knowledge of subject. Its not matter of commercial or profitable non profitable.

If anyone says problems then everyone can do search for solutions, then....

I do not want to explain more about FORUM.....

Why ? my 9111-P520 no LED CODE Display....(how i am going to solve, if anyone want solution, REPLY)

A bouncing or scrolling ball (moving row of dots) remains on the operator panel display, or the operator panel display is filled with dashes or blocks.

Verify that the operator panel connections to the system backplane are connected and properly seated. Also, reseat the Service Processor card.

If a client computer (such as a PC with Ethernet capability and a Web browser) is available, connect it to the service processor in the server that is displaying the symptom.

To connect a personal computer with Ethernet capability and a Web browser, or an ASCII terminal, to access the Advanced System Management Interface (ASMI), go to Managing your server using the Advanced System Management Interface.

If you can successfully access the ASMI, replace the operator panel assembly. Refer to Finding part locations to determine the part number and correct exchange procedure.
If you cannot successfully access the ASMI, replace the service processor. Refer to Finding part locations to determine the part number and correct exchange procedure.

If you do not have a PC or ASCII terminal, replace the following one at a time (go to Finding part locations to determine the part number and correct exchange procedure):

Operator panel assembly.
Service processor.

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 am

@anysystem - thanks for sharing the procedure.

anysystem

Unread postby anysystem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:51 am

Welcome to josehill

Finally i found the problem is Operator panel.....i removed all in the front side like DVDROM, SCSI DAT DRIVE, operator panel then fixed one by one unit and removed operator panel cable and fixed once again....

I got display in the panel now.....last 4 hrs. .. i tried lot of R&D for the p520 and done more then 50 times power on/off, power card removed ........but real time no administrator take this risk.....

Now loading first DVD of 6.1 OS.....

Regards:VELU
anysystem@gmail.com

Mobile : +91 98855 79942

Return to “IBM”