HP-UX or Debian

HP/DEC/Compaq workstations/servers and operating systems (HP-UX, Tru64, OpenVMS, NonStop, etc.)
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Onyx_RE2

Unread postby Onyx_RE2 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:03 am

Wow,
OpenOffice for HP-UX, that might take a bit of time!!

I work in the Chelsea area but live in Long Island.

IRISSERVICE

Unread postby IRISSERVICE » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:27 pm

Onyx_RE2 wrote:Wow,
OpenOffice for HP-UX, that might take a bit of time!!

I work in the Chelsea area but live in Long Island.

Hey I thought you said wish list. LOL

Onyx_RE2

Unread postby Onyx_RE2 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:08 pm

Well, let's see how it goes (maybe I'll try some simpler ones first...)

sunverilog

Unread postby sunverilog » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:01 pm

I know Abiworld isn't as good as OpenOffice, but it's included in the Ximian 1.4 for HP-UX 11i which can be downloaded from
http://docs.hp.com/en/GNOME/index.html

ian_finder

Unread postby ian_finder » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:35 pm

I'd run HockeyPUX simply because it doesn't run on many other platforms-- Linux and NeXTstep can both run on a smorgasbord of machines, while only a few can run HockeyPUX. The boot admin console on PA boxes works fairly well for switching boot devices though, so why not get 2 hdds and put linux on one, hockeypux on the other?
:OnyxR: :Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :ChallengeL: :Onyx2: :PI: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo: :O2: :1600SW: :pdp8e: :Cube:

IRISSERVICE

Unread postby IRISSERVICE » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:32 am

ian_finder wrote:I'd run HockeyPUX simply because it doesn't run on many other platforms-- Linux and NeXTstep can both run on a smorgasbord of machines, while only a few can run HockeyPUX. The boot admin console on PA boxes works fairly well for switching boot devices though, so why not get 2 hdds and put linux on one, hockeypux on the other?

Whats HockeyPUX?

yarrumevets

Unread postby yarrumevets » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:19 am

IRISSERVICE wrote:
ian_finder wrote:I'd run HockeyPUX simply because it doesn't run on many other platforms-- Linux and NeXTstep can both run on a smorgasbord of machines, while only a few can run HockeyPUX. The boot admin console on PA boxes works fairly well for switching boot devices though, so why not get 2 hdds and put linux on one, hockeypux on the other?

Whats HockeyPUX?

It's the "standard" way of phonetically bastardising "HP-UX" - don't ask me why, I'm into Rugby Union (not rugby league) and I know bugger-all about hockey.

@ian_finder, good point indeed! - the PROM based boot manager (sort of) arrangement isn't a bad option. I'd probably do that (maybe not with Linux, but with NeXTSTEP) except for the fact that my ol' PA-RISC box only seems to be happy with HVD drives, which is a problem as they're hard to get and I've got my system chocka-block full already. Good idea though!

IRISSERVICE

Unread postby IRISSERVICE » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:46 pm

Onyx_RE2 wrote:Well, let's see how it goes (maybe I'll try some simpler ones first...)

Any luck with gaim?

Satoru

Unread postby Satoru » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:48 am

Is NexTSTEP supposed to work on a 735/125?
In this case I should try to install it if I'm able to start the old machine.

Marco/Sat

yarrumevets

Unread postby yarrumevets » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:34 am

Satoru wrote:Is NexTSTEP supposed to work on a 735/125?
In this case I should try to install it if I'm able to start the old machine.

Marco/Sat

I've got exactly the same machine (but only with CRM 8 graphics) and yes, according to OpenPA, NeXTSTEP will run on it ...
http://www.openpa.net/next.html
... I just haven't got NeXTSTEP yet. If you give it a spin, please let us know how you get on with it. Good luck!

Return to “HP/DEC/Compaq”