Digital Unix Alpha Software Product Library - download now!

HP/DEC/Compaq workstations/servers and operating systems (HP-UX, Tru64, OpenVMS, NonStop, etc.)
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
rosehillbob

Digital Unix Alpha Software Product Library - download now!

Unread postby rosehillbob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 am

I have the full January 1999 Digital Unix Software Product Library (three cd's). This basically was all the Digital branded software you could purchase from Dec in 1999. I just created a torrent so anyone can download the stuff. I also included a script to generate and install hobbyist licenses for everything in the entire Digital Tru64 software library and OSF associated product disks ...over 200 licenses. The library was created for OSF4.0 so for some software products you will have to edit the installation script to turn off the check looking for OSF4.0 installation. One product for sure that does that is Open3d (ie opengl 1.2). I was able to load and execute correctly Digital C++,Pascal,Fortran,Cobol and OpenGL so start down loading like crazy and start building more tru64 software for the rest of us!
Check here for a listing of what is these disks -> http://h30266.www3.hpe.com/masterindex/ ... rnal.shtml

The torrent I created is tru64spl.torrent .

I will leave my BitTorrent running for a couple of days to seed the world. My connection is fiber optic so a can push a lot of bits ... no measly dial up here!
:Onyx2: :O2: :Octane:

robespierre

Re: Digital Unix Alpha Software Product Library - download now!

Unread postby robespierre » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:39 am

You cannot share a torrent without publishing the 160-bit hash of each file (the magnet: url). Or sharing the .torrent file itself, which contains hashes and file lengths.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:

rosehillbob

Unread postby rosehillbob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:46 am

OK please the see attachement tru64spl.torrent ...that should bit OK in BitTorrent. Hopefully later in the day the torrent will be posted to the various torrent download sites.
Attachments
tru64spl.torrent
(11.29 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

bifo

Unread postby bifo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:02 pm

This is great, thanks a ton. I'll need to pick up some CDRs now.

rosehillbob

Unread postby rosehillbob » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:09 am

No need to a get a cdr recorder! I built the iso images with Joliet and Rock Ridge support so the images can be directly mounted by a Windows 10 machine. Simply using readily available software you can tar and gzip a directory of interest to you and the ftp the result to your tru64 machine.

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:45 am

that's not a good idea because if extracted on windows the file permissions as well as upper/lower case get lost. also windows can't handle situations when the only difference between 2 files is the case. the latter btw causes problems with osx, too. at least with the default filesystem settings.
unless of course windows 10 changed all that :P

rosehillbob

Unread postby rosehillbob » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Well I just did a quick test to see if I put my foot in my mouth based on my previous post! I used a windows 10 tar/gzip program to extract the three iso images,shell script and read.me file. I mounted disk 1 and extracted the directory dfa520 (the fortran compiler). I tarred it up and ftp it to the tru64 machine. I next went to tru64 box and untarred the file. The results were as I expected. The upper/lower case was maintained but the file permissions were marked read only for user,group and other. Actually this wasn't too bad since this is a "set". I used chmod to recursively add execution to all files. I then went to the kit sub directory type 'setld -l ./' and it worked. Time to set off the fireworks!! The prior poster is correct...If two files only differed by case only it wouldn't have work. The good news is the individual sets may only have a dozen files so the odds are good you won't find two files differing by case only. Well give it a shot...If it doesn't work for the particular set you want to install well the fall back is to get a cdrecorder.

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:59 pm

rosehillbob wrote:the fall back is to get a cdrecorder.

another alternative would be to mount the iso with an os that can handle the mentioned things.

Krokodil
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Krokodil » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Wow. Thanks. Hopefully this allows me to put my AlphaServer to work for a change. :)
:Octane2: - :O2: - :Octane: - :Indigo2IMP:

bifo

Unread postby bifo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:21 am

rosehillbob wrote:No need to a get a cdr recorder! I built the iso images with Joliet and Rock Ridge support so the images can be directly mounted by a Windows 10 machine. Simply using readily available software you can tar and gzip a directory of interest to you and the ftp the result to your tru64 machine.

foetz wrote:that's not a good idea because if extracted on windows the file permissions as well as upper/lower case get lost. also windows can't handle situations when the only difference between 2 files is the case. the latter btw causes problems with osx, too. at least with the default filesystem settings.
unless of course windows 10 changed all that :P

I'm only sure of how that works in the VMS world, where that's true but VMS is tremendously finicky about how files look (always remember to force binary!). I'd just rather put things on CDrs since I'm using a physical alpha with a DVD drive and it makes browsing and installing things that much easier, plus easier to just go find the CD if I do a fresh install rather than try to go through some convoluted process over a network. The old ways are often the simplest.

Return to “HP/DEC/Compaq”