Alpha Emulator..

HP/DEC/Compaq workstations/servers and operating systems (HP-UX, Tru64, OpenVMS, NonStop, etc.)
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
skywriter

Re: Alpha Emulator..

Unread postby skywriter » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 am

eMGee wrote:I regret having done so

there, that's all i was looking for.

thanks!
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596

neozeed

Unread postby neozeed » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 am

SAQ wrote:
neozeed wrote:
foetz wrote:an alpha emu for windows to run windows?
anyway i'm sure it's the worst :D

Well.. The newest version of Qemu (12.2.3) can run the Windows NT versions for the MIPS on.. Windows.. And the older 0.90 could run Windows x64 on a win32 machine!

I'm looking for one that can do MIPS RISC/OS, which is the same basic hardware but in big-endian mode.

Well... I would give Qemu a shot.... I mean if it can run ARC & NT ...

Check here for some information:
http://virtuallyfun.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -past.html

And the latest Qemu binaries for win32:
http://vpsland.superglobalmegacorp.com/ ... 0.12.3.zip

I don't have MIPS OS... so I can't test much else.... But go ahead & give it a shot.
:Cube: O40-25Mhz!

neozeed

Unread postby neozeed » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:09 am

eMGee wrote:
neozeed wrote:Well.. The newest version of Qemu (12.2.3) can run the Windows NT versions for the MIPS on.. Windows.. And the older 0.90 could run Windows x64 on a win32 machine!

NT for MIPS, I've seen people mentioning it (about wanting to try it with actual hardware), is it any good? To clarify, in so far it ever is any “good”... more like a curiosity in this case.

With a C compiler it's usable... kind of like any other old machine....
I've managed to find Visual C++ 2.0 & 4.0 for the MIPS... and the NT 3.1 SDK had the cli version of the tools for what would have been VC 1.0...

There is a port of gcc to the Dec Alpha, so if you don't have the MS tools you can at least run that.

I've managed to build...
f2c (the fortran 2 C translator)
dungeon 2.56 (the portable fortran version converted into C, then built natively)
Quake 1
Neko
0irc
Nethack .....

I guess it comes down to what ever you can find source for, lots of things will just compile.. minivmac doesn't run on the MIPS but it runs on the Alpha... go figure. It's like running some ancient Unix..
:Cube: O40-25Mhz!

Return to “HP/DEC/Compaq”