HP-UX Questions?

HP/DEC/Compaq workstations/servers and operating systems (HP-UX, Tru64, OpenVMS, NonStop, etc.)
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
JohnQMetro

HP-UX Questions?

Unread postby JohnQMetro » Wed May 20, 2009 8:28 am

Hello,

I've just bought a used C3750 workstation (with a wiped HD), and I also bought a copy of HP-UX 11i v3 off eBay. However, I now understand that v3 does not support workstations and I should have looked for v1 instead.

So, some questions:

Is v3 just 'not supported' on the C3750, or will it outright not work (the media is still in the mail)?

Moderator Edit: Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Post and replies edited to comply with forum rules - please respect those rules if you wish to continue posting here. <recondas>

kramlq

Re: HP-UX Questions?

Unread postby kramlq » Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 am

JohnQMetro wrote:Is v3 just 'not supported' on the C3750, or will it outright not work (the media is still in the mail)?

No, workstation hardware support was dropped during the v2 series (officially after v1 in the case of PARISC). I've read on usenet that there might be a chance to get v2 going with an FXe card (I havent tried it) on PARISC, but you are best going for 11i v1, which supports the hardware officially.

Return to “HP/DEC/Compaq”