Sun linux workstations

Sun workstations/servers and operating systems (SunOS, Solaris and OpenSolaris)
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
themacosxflies

Sun linux workstations

Unread postby themacosxflies » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:42 pm

I have read that Sun sells 'huge amounts' of their linux desktop computers, but I can not find them on the Sun site, well, to be honest I did not do a big and deep search.
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.

Dubhthach

Unread postby Dubhthach » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:05 pm

Well i don't think sun has released their Opteron workstations just let (last i heard they were in the works) however Walmart sells cheap linux pc's with Sun "Java Desktop System" (repackaged Gnome based linux) installed.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better"

themacosxflies

Unread postby themacosxflies » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:18 am

Dubhthach wrote:Well i don't think sun has released their Opteron workstations just let (last i heard they were in the works) however Walmart sells cheap linux pc's with Sun "Java Desktop System" (repackaged Gnome based linux) installed.

Sure is that, I read about the Wallmart thing, but also about the Chinese government buying Sun stuff in huge amounts.
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.

Dubhthach

Unread postby Dubhthach » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:15 am

Well from what i remember regarding the chinese it was more that they were buying JDS packs which they could then install on their own pc's but i could be wrong
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better"

Return to “Sun”