ShotMaker: free license info, and a question

Video, software tools and techniques on SGI systems.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
GIJoe

Unread postby GIJoe » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:33 am

any news on this? shotmaker doesn't like to play back here, too. i can't see any mentioning on the manpage regarding onyx-only support. there's a utility "smsetup" that apparently wants to create a framestore. i canceled the setup but maybe it writes out config info that shotmaker depends on for normal operation?

foetz: thanks, but i rather not want to buy any old scanner/printer model, of course that stuff works, too. but not everyhing new and usb or x86, manufactured since the fall of sgi, is junk either. :D

i'll look into impressario anyway.

denver

Unread postby denver » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:08 am

GIJoe wrote:any news on this? shotmaker doesn't like to play back here, too. i can't see any mentioning on the manpage regarding onyx-only support. there's a utility "smsetup" that apparently wants to create a framestore. i canceled the setup but maybe it writes out config info that shotmaker depends on for normal operation?

The smsetup utility is a script that sets up a stripe and filesystem optimized for the kind of video you are going to be doing. There's nothing in there that I saw that has anything to do with the graphics hardware.

So far all I've gotten back from sgi is that the graphics hardware shouldn't matter, but he's going to look at the code. He did confirm that the error message you get about not finding a suitable playback route does indicate that it isn't able to use the system's graphics.

Hopefully there will be a positive answer for this soon.

sgi-enthusiast

Re: ShotMaker: free license info, and a question

Unread postby sgi-enthusiast » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:44 am

Hi,
Does anyone know if this question was ever answered?
So far all I've gotten back from sgi is that the graphics hardware shouldn't matter, but he's going to look at the code.

Did anyone actually get this software to successfully work on other graphics systems?

sgi-enthusiast

Re: ShotMaker: free license info, and a question

Unread postby sgi-enthusiast » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Specifically an O350 with an IR4?

Return to “SGI: Video”