Flint/Effect, Combustion & Wire

Video, software tools and techniques on SGI systems.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Timberoz

Flint/Effect, Combustion & Wire

Unread postby Timberoz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:22 am

I was curious if any Neko users were still running old versions of Flint (5.5 or Effect ver 7.0) in a working environment with Combustion 4. I noticed that C4 can now browse *Wire* I am curious if this feature will work with these older versions of software. Am I right in assuming that C4 can only read from the *Stone* & not write back to it?

Thanks in Advance
Timberoz>Craig

Moe29

Re: Flint/Effect, Combustion & Wire

Unread postby Moe29 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:42 am

Timberoz wrote:I was curious if any Neko users were still running old versions of Flint (5.5 or Effect ver 7.0) in a working environment with Combustion 4. I noticed that C4 can now browse *Wire* I am curious if this feature will work with these older versions of software.

We have an O2 with flint on it , but it's out of service :(
C4 does the browsing using wiretap , which comes with newer versions of Stone & Wire
AFAIK older versions can work with newer stone & wire , so I "think" it would work , but I never tried it

Am I right in assuming that C4 can only read from the *Stone* & not write back to it?

yes , it's read only in this version , but probably coming versions will be R+W

you can check xstoner if you need something that does so

Goodluck

Timberoz

Unread postby Timberoz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:44 am

I have read a bit of information about Xstoner. Any idea on a ball park cost of that software?

Timberoz>Craig

Return to “SGI: Video”