DIVO on Octane & Onyx2

Video, software tools and techniques on SGI systems.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
ruckusman

Re: DIVO on Octane & Onyx2

Unread postby ruckusman » Fri May 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Is this possible also with Mgras Graphics instead of VPro in a Octane with a Lucent Power Supply but a revison F X-Bow??

recondas

Unread postby recondas » Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 am

Don't think I've seen a mention of any one trying an MGRAS/Onyx2 DIVO combination. My *guess* is that it would work. Why not give it a try and report back?
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *

Richtom1

Unread postby Richtom1 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:55 pm

I thought the DIVO w/MGRAS was the way to go by default or by production hardware for a while

recondas

Unread postby recondas » Mon May 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Richtom1 wrote:I thought the DIVO w/MGRAS was the way to go by default or by production hardware for a while
It is/was. But this time it's a case of too many DIVOs <and rolling an old thread over onto a a new page without any accompanying quotes - sorry>. The DIVO we were referring to is the O2k/Onyx2 version <used in an Octane>. Jump back to the last post on the first page for details>.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *

Zerolapse

Unread postby Zerolapse » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:25 am

Hey Guys,

I'm really sorry to thread-dredge and I promise I won't make a habit of it, but I'm actually in this same rabbit hole.

I have a DIVO installed in my Octane and I've got good video in via a Panasonic AG-1970 through a Digitools 7508 (Svideo & Composite to SDI converter). Avcapture seems to produce a workable video if I specify the -i option with the number of frames or fields depending on what I set with the -f option, but my audio output seems to be empty. I've found that I can specify * for the -i option and it will capture until I break with ctrl+c, but the file it produces is not recognized as a video.

• Is the lack of audio because my converter only handles video and my audio is provided to RAD via the RCA inputs? Is there a way around that?
  • Is there a good way to capture continuously or specify an actual length of time without doing the math on how many frames that is?
  • Would anyone mind sharing their avcapture "recipes"?
  • What other software (other than Orion) can be used to capture video from the DIVO-DVC? Shotmaker doesn't seem to recognize my DIVO and neither does Jaleo.

Thanks!
-Jesse
:O3x06R: :ChallengeL: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: (4x Challenge S)
The current fleet.

Return to “SGI: Video”