Sparks

Video, software tools and techniques on SGI systems.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
NikOol

Sparks

Unread postby NikOol » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:14 am

Hi,

Is there any free ressource to learn how to develope sparks for Discreet Flame. I don't want to pay for the autodesk program, just want to create small aps to make my life easier, nothing fancy!

Thanks!

anotheradamdickson

Hard work vs saving money

Unread postby anotheradamdickson » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:14 am

With allot fo work you could reserve most things that you need.

However there are examples that will stop you from find the calls, however you still may need to figure out how they're called for yourself

My Flame cam with a bunch of .c sparks in the Flame_9.0/sparks dir.
With the Mips complier suite (possibly GNU freeware ??) you can complie the sparks that are their, and ones of your own creation

lewis

Unread postby lewis » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:29 am

If you've got Sparks questions feel free to give me a shout on email or private message - I've written a few and posted them to fxguide, an OpenEXR importer among other things.

All you need is the Sparks API guide which comes with the Flame docs, and a compiler - gcc is fine for C, but you need MIPSPro if you want to use C++ libraries.

You only have to pay that horrible fee to Autodesk if you're planning to sell what you make.

NikOol

Unread postby NikOol » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will read the doc and if I need more help I'll let you know.

Return to “SGI: Video”