open source non-linear video editing in irix

Video, software tools and techniques on SGI systems.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
jgilbs

open source non-linear video editing in irix

Unread postby jgilbs » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:11 pm

cam across this website http://lives.sourceforge.net/index.php?do=news_archived for LiVES Video Editing in IRIX. Looks pretty good, especially compared to the ancient copy of Premiere that I currently have on my Fuel. It also says that someone got it to run on IRIX. Has anyone else ever heard of this program, or maybe where to get the IRIX source code for it?

jgilbs

Unread postby jgilbs » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:12 pm

Nevermind, oddly enough, it was under the "downloads" page. imagine that :roll:

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:42 pm

interesting. will give it a try.

btw what exactly makes you think this is better than premiere?
r-a-c.de

jgilbs

Unread postby jgilbs » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:40 am

well, im just assuming it is. that assumption is based mostly on the fact that the version of premiere that i have can only edit video up to 420x320 in size without crashing. even then, it will crash if your movie is too long. i have a copy of premiere pro 2 on my laptop and thats a good program, but the irix version i have sucks

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:14 am

jgilbs wrote:well, im just assuming it is. that assumption is based mostly on the fact that the version of premiere that i have can only edit video up to 420x320 in size without crashing. even then, it will crash if your movie is too long. i have a copy of premiere pro 2 on my laptop and thats a good program, but the irix version i have sucks

well nobody took the irix version serious. it's obvious that the sgi workstations were made for topnotch only so premiere was more kinda 'it's running. now let's get to te real stuff...'.
that said i assume the direction is clear. if you wanna do video with sgi you have to use the 'real' stuff ...
r-a-c.de

Return to “SGI: Video”