Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:26 am 

Hello all, need some recommendations for either a converter or the best way to approach viewing sdi video through a plasma tv.

I currently have a DIVO with DVC boards and an Octane2 (hope to move it to O3800 but need to find reasonable X-Brick price before that can happen. I have recently purchased a plasma tv with HDMI inputs and I would like to work with the digital video from-to the DIVO board to the television. I have seen SDI-HDMI converters...any recommendations on manufacturer or unit?

Would like mid-grade unit...not looking for pro, but would like to steer clear of bottom line products.

So what would be some recommendations for this?

Thanks.

Aaron

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:32 pm 

Vagabondo wrote:
Hello all, need some recommendations for either a converter or the best way to approach viewing sdi video through a plasma tv.

I currently have a DIVO with DVC boards and an Octane2 (hope to move it to O3800 but need to find reasonable X-Brick price before that can happen. I have recently purchased a plasma tv with HDMI inputs and I would like to work with the digital video from-to the DIVO board to the television. I have seen SDI-HDMI converters...any recommendations on manufacturer or unit?

Would like mid-grade unit...not looking for pro, but would like to steer clear of bottom line products.

So what would be some recommendations for this?

Your choices are the Black Magic Design HDLink (supports either HDMI or DVI out, $445) or a new HDMI only unit from AJA that costs about the same. Both units will do either SD or HD SDI. I've seen the BMD HDLink in operation in person, but not the AJA unit. These are the cheapest two units, and I suspect that you have to spend a couple grand to get anything substantially better, like maybe a Truelight, which is several grand and offers a programmable hardware 3d LUT as part of the conversion, plus supports dual link.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:09 pm 

Thanks JD...good suggestions. "Couple of grand" is definately out of my price range :)

Aaron