Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: A Gui for ffmpeg .....?
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:23 am
Posts: 589
Location: The Netherlands
I've been trying to convert some movies from .mkv and .wmv into divx .avi with ffmpeg but the
commandline structure is overwelmingly difficult to get it right in one go.

Now I know that there's a gui for ffmpeg called gui4ffmpeg which would make life a lot easy'er.
Does anyone ever found or compiled it for Irix?

Or can anyone give some advise of how to make this less daunting on the cl ?
What would be great is a way to just say here's the input movie and make this kind of output
movie, GO !

_________________
I can feel it, my mind is going ....


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:07 am
Posts: 4226
Location: Rosario / Santa Fe / Rep├║blica Argentina
ka0s wrote:
What would be great is a way to just say here's the input movie and make this kind of output
movie, GO !


...Yeah, something on the lines of Canopus ProCoder 2.00, right?

_________________
Oh!, let me write that!

https://www.facebook.com/GeekTronix
https://geekli.st/GeekTronixShop
https://www.rebelmouse.com/GeekTronixShop/
http://twitter.com/GeekTronixShop
http://www.youtube.com/GeekTronixStream


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Posts: 5286
ka0s wrote:
I've been trying to convert some movies from .mkv and .wmv into divx .avi with ffmpeg but the
commandline structure is overwelmingly difficult to get it right in one go.

Now I know that there's a gui for ffmpeg called gui4ffmpeg which would make life a lot easy'er.
Does anyone ever found or compiled it for Irix?


you're sure that's open source?

_________________
r-a-c.de


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:23 am
Posts: 589
Location: The Netherlands
foetz wrote:
ka0s wrote:
I've been trying to convert some movies from .mkv and .wmv into divx .avi with ffmpeg but the
commandline structure is overwelmingly difficult to get it right in one go.

Now I know that there's a gui for ffmpeg called gui4ffmpeg which would make life a lot easy'er.
Does anyone ever found or compiled it for Irix?


you're sure that's open source?


As a matter of fact it is :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpeg/

Here's a screenshot :
Image

_________________
I can feel it, my mind is going ....


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:23 am
Posts: 589
Location: The Netherlands
GeneratriX wrote:
ka0s wrote:
What would be great is a way to just say here's the input movie and make this kind of output
movie, GO !


...Yeah, something on the lines of Canopus ProCoder 2.00, right?


Naah...
The challange to do the same with opensource is the sport in this case... :wink:
And more importantly, this forum is all about SGI and Irix, so why bother with windows if
you can do it on Irix :!:

_________________
I can feel it, my mind is going ....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group