I discovered a nasty bug with g++ which made it useless for even those using 6.5.18. Yes, once again an issue with the new header structure ... a compile time option was left off by SGI that generates unresolvable errors during g++ compiles.
gcc-3.2.2 was released a couple of days ago so I decided to take advantage of the situation and repair the botched gcc-3.2.1 SGI Freeware version. It was pretty easy to get going.
Untar and change to gcc-3.2.2/:
Code: Select all
./configure --prefix=/usr/freeware --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-threads --enable-haifa --disable-c-mbchar --disable-shared
[Mika:~] neko 105% gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.2.2/specs
Configured with: ./configure --prefix=/usr/freeware --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-threads --enable-haifa --disable-c-mbchar --disable-shared
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.2.2
I just tried it on code that was killing me under 3.2.1 and I'm now getting clean compiles
BTW, you can use the same method to install 3.2.2 on IRIX 6.5.17 and below, just leave off the --disable-c-mbchar switch on the configure line.