HTML Editors for Irix

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
jeffcorbets

HTML Editors for Irix

Unread postby jeffcorbets » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:00 pm

In NekoWare we have Bluefish 0.7... CosmoCreate is getting a little behind the times... Composer is, well, Composer...

Has anyone tried compiling the latest version of Bluefish (1.0.4?) or NVu (Composer on steroids)? Is it a project worth tackling?

~Jeff Corbets

gandalf

Unread postby gandalf » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:18 am

gtk is evil...

and to really answer: no I haven't tried

foetz

Re: HTML Editors for Irix

Unread postby foetz » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:32 pm

jeffcorbets wrote:In NekoWare we have Bluefish 0.7... CosmoCreate is getting a little behind the times... Composer is, well, Composer...

Has anyone tried compiling the latest version of Bluefish (1.0.4?) or NVu (Composer on steroids)? Is it a project worth tackling?

~Jeff Corbets

i made several nvu versions.
have a look into my folder.

jeffcorbets

Unread postby jeffcorbets » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:26 pm

foetz,

Yeah, I peeked in your folder last night after I posted the message and saw Nvu 1.0... downloaded and fiddled with it early this morning. It's certainly better than Composer, but it is pretty slugish on my dual-processor Octane.

How about the latest Bluefish?

~Jeff Corbets

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:04 pm

jeffcorbets wrote:foetz,

Yeah, I peeked in your folder last night after I posted the message and saw Nvu 1.0... downloaded and fiddled with it early this morning. It's certainly better than Composer, but it is pretty slugish on my dual-processor Octane.

How about the latest Bluefish?

~Jeff Corbets

no smp support on all mozilla apps at all :cry:
so on a dual machine the second cpu is ignored...

i would go for a nice editor with synt.highl.

jimmer
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jimmer » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:50 am

miunk

Unread postby miunk » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:32 am

Be careful /w nedit. I built an entire website using it, and once I deployed it I discovered that the encoding was not compatible with google's spider. So the google description was all jumbled and messy. They have since removed the site from their index, and have ignored my request to reinstate it.

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:06 am

miunk wrote:Be careful /w nedit. I built an entire website using it, and once I deployed it I discovered that the encoding was not compatible with google's spider. So the google description was all jumbled and messy. They have since removed the site from their index, and have ignored my request to reinstate it.

that's strange. i used nedit for years as my primary editor and never had any issues.

Mare

Unread postby Mare » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:03 pm

foetz wrote:
miunk wrote:Be careful /w nedit. I built an entire website using it, and once I deployed it I discovered that the encoding was not compatible with google's spider. So the google description was all jumbled and messy. They have since removed the site from their index, and have ignored my request to reinstate it.

that's strange. i used nedit for years as my primary editor and never had any issues.

Same here, I don't know where I would be without my NEdit and highlighting .pats files. I use it for everything! :?

Return to “SGI: Development”