Pascal

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
foetz

Re: Pascal

Unread postby foetz » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:54 pm

ivelegacy wrote:The C source is in`rts/rts-write.c'. I can't se the RTS library in the IRIX dev CDs

and you never will :P
that's one of the source files of your compiler, not irix.

as for the missing symbols, i don't know what came with your compiler but in case there were some libs just make sure to link them

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:32 pm

ivelegacy wrote:i know the difference between a source and a binary, i want to know where is the RTS support which should be included into a library as the gpc compiler's objects are calling it.

not the point. let's try a different approach:
the source file where your missing symbol is in is part of the compiler so looking for libs that have the missing symbols on irix cds might not be very successful

Code: Select all

/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/2.95.2% nm libgpc.a | grep -w _p_write
000009a8 T _p_write
         U _p_write
         U _p_write
         U _p_write

and there are your missing symbols. all good then :-)

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jan-jaap » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:39 am

ivelegacy wrote:how to make it to work under Irix ?
i got a lot of errors because crt1, crtbegin, etc are missing

(edit:
and things put into the wrong place)

OK, I had a look. Haven't looked at Pascal in 15 years or so, but hey ...

GNU Pascal, like Fortran, Ada and a couple of other languages is (was?) an add-on to GCC. you need(ed) the matching, and patched, GCC compiler version to build it, and to run it.

That's why there are two versions on the download page: one with the GCC version included, and one without. That's also where they screwed up. Neither of these two packages includes the CRT files you mention, crtbegin.o and crtend.o. GCC (and GPC) will not work without.

I copied them from a GCC 3.4.6 into the correct directory for GPC (where libcgcc.a is) and then it works. At least, it works enough to compile a working hello world program.

Now, normally copying binary code around between different compiler versions is considered evil. YMMV. You may also wonder how much of your time you want to invest in a compiler where the last version is based on GCC 2.something, incomplete and nobody bothered to fix that in 13 years.
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

Return to “SGI: Development”