Creating Tardists

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
adi

Creating Tardists

Unread postby adi » Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:46 am

nekonoko,

I noticed that you had some nice tardists on your site :) I was wondering how hard it was to make these, and how I would go about it. This is because I would like to make and put up some tardists on my website http://www.x41.net. Things like Fluxbox for example, on the download site they have all the usual packages, and even a Sparc and Slackware version, but no irix one. Wouldent it be nice to get some more going?

This could be done by many, going so far to start a .tardist marathon, in which a few people see how many working tardists they can make or popular software.

The good thing about x41.net is that I dont pay for or do the hosting, and the amount thats downloaded off it per month is not an issue :)

Do you think this is a good or bad idea, input from all apprieciated :D

Gareth

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating Tardists

Unread postby nekonoko » Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:20 am

Creating tardists is pretty easy; create the package using the 'swpkg' program and then tar up the result. I'd love to create a tutorial but since it is a GUI application it would require a bit more time than I have to give at the moment. The manpage for swpkg is pretty good though.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Return to “SGI: Development”