system clean, let's get going.

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
whiter

system clean, let's get going.

Unread postby whiter » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:15 am

Ok.
My Origin is completely reinstalled now. Running a nice and clean 6.5.23 with Mips Pro 7.41 so I'm all set for proper port/compile sessions here.

Now it would just be nice if I could get VNC up and running on this thing but both realvnc and tightvnc fail to build. Does anyone have patches for these or knows workarounds? I found some for VNC 3.3.1 on the net, but everything below 3.3.3 is known to have security leaks.

I'd prefer to get tightvnc running.

--

Sadly I threw away some precious data from one of my harddrives (I forgot that /var/dev wasn't on a seperate partition :( ) but hey, these things happen.

I also noticed some strange behaviour with the usage of mips pro's -IPA switch. I compiled GNU make-3.80 with -Ofast -IPA and it crashed giving me unresolved symbol 'vfork' errors. They disappeared when switching to -O3 only. Strange....
Shall I describe it to you? Or do you want me to get you a box?

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:30 pm

hello,

i also tried tightvnc but it has a quite crappy code and i never got it compiled. :?
r-a-c.de

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:40 pm

SGI has an older build of TightVNC (1.2.8) but they do include patches/source code in their tardists. Did you check to see if any of it is still relevant to issues you experienced compiling the latest version?
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

coredog64

Unread postby coredog64 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:59 pm

I documented my attempt at compiling RealVNC here.

However, I'm running 6.5.20m and 7.3.0 -- perhaps you'll have better luck than I.

For future reference, the Irix/RealVNC psuedo-howto docs were found here.

If you do get it working let me know -- that'll be my incentive to do what I have to do to get access to a recent version of MIPSPro.

Return to “SGI: Development”