Nekoware-current

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
User avatar
nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8031
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:31 am
Location: Pleasanton, California
Contact:

Unread postby nekonoko » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:30 pm

Alver wrote:Nice :) from curiousity, does this also unblock the path for php5-mysql5 bindings? I'm running mysql4 for that purpose now.


Well as far as Nekoware goes, new packages would need to be created but it's definitely possible. I run my own custom php5/mysql5 packages for Nekochan.net and it works just fine.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

User avatar
joerg
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:57 am
Location: In an origin rack - Germany
Contact:

Updated package neko_pgsql

Unread postby joerg » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:05 am

neko-pgsql-8.2.3 - fast relational SQL server

regards
Joerg

User avatar
ant_39
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Squeak

Unread postby ant_39 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:39 pm

Guys,

I just uploaded neko_Squeak-3.9.8.tardist to incoming. Squeak is an implementation of the powerful Smalltalk programming language and environment.
Enjoy.

Code: Select all

MD5 (neko_Squeak-3.9.8.tardist) = 8fec41aaf26dde2134da25845b7b8ca1


Benchmarks on 500MHz Fuel:

Code: Select all

5 tinyBenchmarks
'18068887 bytecodes/sec; 904535 sends/sec'


Compared to the results reported on Squeak site, this rather sucks; and this is already built with -OPT:Olimit_opt=on, which tripled the performance. I suspect this is due to quick'n'dirty way I "fixed" their use of inlining, viz. #define inline to empty string. In near future, I may look into this issue, and find the proper way to do inlining in mipspro.

User avatar
joerg
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:57 am
Location: In an origin rack - Germany
Contact:

Unread postby joerg » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:10 am

Who have made the neko_binutils package?

This package only contains one image wich also not use the term sw.eoe. There is no dist, src, relnotes files. It would be fine if every package contains all the standard informations.

Btw. is there any risk when installing the binutils and use mips cc as default compilier. The usr/nekoware/bin is the first in $PATH when i compile software for nekoware and i expect some kind of trobule. Or is mips cc smart enough and use its own linker, assember?

regards
Joerg

User avatar
nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8031
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:31 am
Location: Pleasanton, California
Contact:

Unread postby nekonoko » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:16 am

joerg wrote:Who have made the neko_binutils package?

This package only contains one image wich also not use the term sw.eoe. There is no dist, src, relnotes files. It would be fine if every package contains all the standard informations.

Btw. is there any risk when installing the binutils and use mips cc as default compilier. The usr/nekoware/bin is the first in $PATH when i compile software for nekoware and i expect some kind of trobule. Or is mips cc smart enough and use its own linker, assember?

regards
Joerg


That package came from regan_russell; he sent me a PM when he uploaded it but didn't post to the forum afterward. I don't keep gcc installed on my IRIX systems (to remove temptation) so I've no easy way to test it.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

User avatar
joerg
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:57 am
Location: In an origin rack - Germany
Contact:

Unread postby joerg » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:37 am

F**K

All the stuff goes into /usr instead /usr/nekoware. After the deinstallation all went away and mips cc works anymore because ar,ld and more are now missing. I nuked my installation.

Please remove the package from /beta.

regards
Joerg

User avatar
ant_39
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Squeak

Unread postby ant_39 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:10 am

ant_39 wrote:I just uploaded neko_Squeak-3.9.8.tardist to incoming.


Uploaded version with fixed up dependencies, namely removed dependency on expect. This is such a small change that I didn't even bump a package version.

User avatar
ant_39
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Czech Republic

mpfr 2.2.1

Unread postby ant_39 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:42 am

I just uploaded neko_mpfr-2.2.1.tardist to incoming. The MPFR library is a C library for multiple-precision floating-point computations with correct rounding. MPFR is based on the GMP multiple-precision library (which already is packaged for nekoware).

Code: Select all

MD5 (neko_mpfr-2.2.1.tardist) = ce3fc6d3b81603e3cc1f693acff546ae


Testsuite passes, but I had to degrade the optimization to -O2. No patches were necessary.

Enjoy.

User avatar
joerg
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:57 am
Location: In an origin rack - Germany
Contact:

Re: mpfr 2.2.1

Unread postby joerg » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:15 pm

ant_39 wrote:I just uploaded neko_mpfr-2.2.1.tardist to incoming. The MPFR library is a C library for multiple-precision floating-point computations with correct rounding. MPFR is based on the GMP multiple-precision library (which already is packaged for nekoware).

Code: Select all

MD5 (neko_mpfr-2.2.1.tardist) = ce3fc6d3b81603e3cc1f693acff546ae


Testsuite passes, but I had to degrade the optimization to -O2. No patches were necessary.

Enjoy.


LOL, i build the same software for nekoware a few hours ago because a friend of mine need it for building gcc 4.x.

I now move my build into the dumpster and use yours. Package looks good.

There is a odd thing about "/usr/nekoware-build/share/info/dir" which contains only a description of npfr. But the filename isnt very specific and i think "gmake install" makes something wrong. So its good that your package doesnt contain this file.

Btw.
I prefer to assing files from nekoware/share to the sw.eoe subimage because most time it contains stuff which is need for running the binary. Thats not true for npfr but i think "man.manpages" isnt the right place for it.

regards
Joerg

User avatar
ant_39
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Re: mpfr 2.2.1

Unread postby ant_39 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:03 pm

joerg wrote:LOL, i build the same software for nekoware a few hours ago because a friend of mine need it for building gcc 4.x.


Heh, same here, but the person building gcc was me :) Last time I built mpfr locally just for gcc, but I did whole-tree rebuild now, and thought heck, why not do a proper package :)

joerg wrote:There is a odd thing about "/usr/nekoware-build/share/info/dir" which contains only a description of npfr. But the filename isnt very specific and i think "gmake install" makes something wrong. So its good that your package doesnt contain this file.


This file is a common byproduct of installing info pages. "dir" is a directory with references to all the info pages installed on a system. When it doesn't exist, installation procedure creates a new one.

On my installation, info files are in /usr/nekoware/info; in /usr/nekoware/share/info there is currently only mpfr page. Possibly the installation process is hosed in how it handles info pages.

joerg wrote:Btw. I prefer to assing files from nekoware/share to the sw.eoe subimage because most time it contains stuff which is need for running the binary. Thats not true for npfr but i think "man.manpages" isnt the right place for it.


Well, it's a documentation that serves the purpose very similar to man page. It's in no way necessary for mpfr runtime. I think "man.manpages" suits them well.

Thinking about it, packaging the info file without post-install command "install-info" is wrong, too, because then the info page isn't in "dir". I will fix that, but will first have to experiment with pre/post-install commands a bit, e.g. how it handles package upgrades.

User avatar
regan_russell
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Unread postby regan_russell » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:06 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I was the guilty party who uploaded binutils, which was a sereously bad tardist. I have since attempted to fix all the problems. I stated in a pm that it was my first tardist and I said it was
probably, very wrong.


I would like to publically apologise to Jeorg and thank him for his guidence in fixing the mess I created.

I am as of right now, uploading a corrected version: neko_binutils.tardist
It puts things in /usr/nekoware, and I think it is a valid tardist, built with MIPSpro 7.4.4

Edit: While I am thinking about it... It is not that hard to test. Use a compiler either MIPSpro or gcc and compile with the -s flag to generate assembler from any C or C++ code.. Assemble the .s code with /usr/nekoware/bin/as object dump or octal dump (od -c) or nm or strings or whatever you like with result and try linking it with /usr/nekoware/bin/ld against something say glibc.


Regan

User avatar
voidfoo
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat May 17, 2003 2:01 pm
Location: Southern CA

Re: mpfr 2.2.1

Unread postby voidfoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:42 pm

ant_39 wrote:Well, it's a documentation that serves the purpose very similar to man page. It's in no way necessary for mpfr runtime. I think "man.manpages" suits them well.


Or you can use "man.infopages". I always used it while I packed tardists.

User avatar
joerg
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:57 am
Location: In an origin rack - Germany
Contact:

Updates

Unread postby joerg » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:05 pm

From last week
neko_mysql4-4.1.22 - Fast relational RDBMS

Today
neko_rrdtool-1.2.19 - Logging & Graphing

Also working on neko_net-snmp-5.4. This time i also want to add init script to our package. But iam clueless about the snmp stuff and its config files which dont exits :). The naming of the libs are different now and i expect some problems with apps which links agains the previous version of neko_net_snmp. Needs some checking first.

regards
Joerg

User avatar
Therion
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:41 pm
Location: Duisburg/Germany
Contact:

fvwm2 - An extremely powerful ICCCM-compliant multiple virtu

Unread postby Therion » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:54 pm

Moin

I've managed to do my first tardist:

neko_fvwm2-2.4.20 An extremely powerful ICCCM-compliant multiple virtual desktop window manager

thanks for all the help go to joerg ;)

cheers

User avatar
joerg
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:57 am
Location: In an origin rack - Germany
Contact:

Problem

Unread postby joerg » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:59 am

Can someome check audacity?
The package name on http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/nekoware/index.php?path=beta/ looks ugly.

/tmp/dist/audacity 1 9630d5f1a8ba658414d163f2b4ed1258

regards
Joerg


Return to “SGI: Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest