Nekoware-current

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
User avatar
dj
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:35 am
Location: california

Unread postby dj » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:04 pm



Found that, thanks :).

Guess I just wanted to point out that the description says "no dependencies".

User avatar
ipaddict
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:14 am
Location: ::1

Unread postby ipaddict » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:08 pm

dj wrote:


Found that, thanks :).

Guess I just wanted to point out that the description says "no dependencies".


That seems to be a common issue. I've come across a few tardists on that list that were like that, too. It's easiest if you just nekosync up and install from a common inst directory (if you have the disk space).

User avatar
nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8041
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:31 am
Location: Pleasanton, California
Contact:

Unread postby nekonoko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:10 am

nekonoko wrote:neko_firefox-1.5.0.8 is now in /beta. Probably the last MIPSpro Firefox build for the foreseeable future (from me at any rate) due to code changes in the 2.0 release.


Okay, figured out the Firefox-2.0 problems and new static MIPSpro build is in 'beta'. Better late than never :)
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

schleusel
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:49 am
Location: NRW, Germany
Contact:

Unread postby schleusel » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:42 pm

nekonoko wrote:Okay, figured out the Firefox-2.0 problems and new static MIPSpro build is in 'beta'. Better late than never :)


Brilliant! Works beautifully so far, thanks :-)

User avatar
squeen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2932
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 6:10 am
Location: Maryland, USA

Unread postby squeen » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:23 am

It's working nicely for me as well. Thanks much Neko!

gtk1 or gtk2 based?

User avatar
nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8041
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:31 am
Location: Pleasanton, California
Contact:

Unread postby nekonoko » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:47 am

squeen wrote:It's working nicely for me as well. Thanks much Neko!

gtk1 or gtk2 based?


It's GTK1; GTK2 is just too slow under IRIX. Can't make a static build as easily either.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

User avatar
squeen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2932
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 6:10 am
Location: Maryland, USA

Unread postby squeen » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:16 am

nekonoko wrote:It's GTK1; GTK2 is just too slow under IRIX. Can't make a static build as easily either.


Agreed, I was just thinking about gnash. Nice to see the GTK1 option is still supported.

User avatar
ipaddict
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:14 am
Location: ::1

Unread postby ipaddict » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:28 pm

Thanks in no small part to Alvers tardist building guide, I've built my first tardist! :D

It's a build of RubyGems 0.9.0. Is there somewhere I can upload it for you guys to test?

Thanks!

User avatar
joerg
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:57 am
Location: In an origin rack - Germany
Contact:

Unread postby joerg » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:36 am

ipaddict wrote:Thanks in no small part to Alvers tardist building guide, I've built my first tardist! :D

It's a build of RubyGems 0.9.0. Is there somewhere I can upload it for you guys to test?

Thanks!

Welcome to the club,

IIRC Pete's FTP have an incomming directory where you can upload your stuff. If you like you can also send me your stuff so i can take a look to it and upload it into /beta.

regards
Joerg

User avatar
ipaddict
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:14 am
Location: ::1

Unread postby ipaddict » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:44 pm

Between Alver's guide and Joerg's advice, I've got the first of hopefully many tardists built and up in /beta. Give it a shot and let me know what breaks. :wink:

In the past, I've simply built RubyGems and managed it in /opt, but this (rather trivial) build seems to be working just fine out of /usr/nekoware on my Origin and my Octane2.

Thanks Joerg and Alver!

hamei
Posts: 10101
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: over the rainbow

Unread postby hamei » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:02 pm

ipaddict wrote: Give it a shot and let me know what breaks. :wink:


I get a conflict :

Code: Select all

Also install neko_ruby.sw.eoe (2 -2147483647) and neko_ruby.sw.lib (2 - 2147483647) from an additional distribution -- insert another CD or specify another software distribution.

User avatar
ipaddict
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:14 am
Location: ::1

Unread postby ipaddict » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:05 pm

hamei wrote:
ipaddict wrote: Give it a shot and let me know what breaks. :wink:


I get a conflict :

Code: Select all

Also install neko_ruby.sw.eoe (2 -2147483647) and neko_ruby.sw.lib (2 - 2147483647) from an additional distribution -- insert another CD or specify another software distribution.


Hmm... do you have neko_ruby installed?

hamei
Posts: 10101
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: over the rainbow

Unread postby hamei » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:13 pm

ipaddict wrote:Hmm... do you have neko_ruby installed?

Thought so but maybe it's b0rken :-( I had some "issues" with a famous product a while back, some things got smunched. Will have to check next weekend, time to head back to prison.

User avatar
ipaddict
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:14 am
Location: ::1

Unread postby ipaddict » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:17 pm

hamei wrote:
ipaddict wrote:Hmm... do you have neko_ruby installed?

Thought so but maybe it's b0rken :-( I had some "issues" with a famous product a while back, some things got smunched. Will have to check next weekend, time to head back to prison.


It may not be you that's borked - it is my first package. :-/

User avatar
joerg
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:57 am
Location: In an origin rack - Germany
Contact:

Unread postby joerg » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:25 am

ipaddict wrote:
hamei wrote:
ipaddict wrote:Hmm... do you have neko_ruby installed?

Thought so but maybe it's b0rken :-( I had some "issues" with a famous product a while back, some things got smunched. Will have to check next weekend, time to head back to prison.


It may not be you that's borked - it is my first package. :-/


The package is good.... it needs neko_ruby version 2 and thats what inst reportet. I cant see the problems.... Hamei have to install or update his neko_ruby.

regards
Joerg


Return to “SGI: Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest