Nekoware-current

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
squeen

Unread postby squeen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:37 am

nekonoko wrote:neko_firefox-1.5.0.7.tardist now in beta ... let me know if there are any problems.

Works here. Thanks!

schleusel

Unread postby schleusel » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:31 am

two version bumps in current:

neko_gnupg-1.4.5.tardist
neko_zsh-4.3.2.tardist

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:38 pm

nekonoko wrote:neko_firefox-1.5.0.7.tardist now in beta ... let me know if there are any problems.

Oh-oh. Lost half my toolbar bookmarks and the entire top row of the menu items with "back", "reload", etc. Also the right mouse button pops up a tiny little square with nothing in it rather than the usual menu .... not sure if this is fireflop or a problem with another app as I installed several tardists at once but people may want to back up before the upgrade just in case ?

GeneratriX

FireFox

Unread postby GeneratriX » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:49 pm

hamei wrote:

Oh-oh. Lost half my toolbar bookmarks and the entire top row of the menu items with "back", "reload", etc. Also the right mouse button pops up a tiny little square with nothing in it rather than the usual menu .... not sure if this is fireflop or a problem with another app as I installed several tardists at once but people may want to back up before the upgrade just in case ?

Just for any further checkings, I've installed here all the packages from /beta and FireFox works fine here.

VenomousPinecone

Re: FireFox

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:02 pm

GeneratriX wrote:
hamei wrote:

Just for any further checkings, I've installed here all the packages from /beta and FireFox works fine here.

Hey Diego,

You using the beta neko distribution with iDisk? I dont know if it matters, but I was using foetz' firefox and I was able download just fine.

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:13 pm

hamei wrote:

Oh-oh. Lost ...

Sorry, false alarm. It was another one of those cute fireflop tricks. I had shut 1.5.06 down, installed 1.5.07 and restarted but I think the download manager was still up hidden somewhere so it didn't do its full restart routine. Now it seems to be working okay.

GeneratriX

Unread postby GeneratriX » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:57 pm

VenomousPinecone wrote:Hey Diego,

You using the beta neko distribution with iDisk?

Exactly! :)

VenomousPinecone wrote:I dont know if it matters, but I was using foetz' firefox and I was able download just fine.

Oh, I see... I was wondering if the problem would be something related with any of those Java or Flash plugins, you know, I'm not exactly a Guru of web development and/or browsers, so, I only copied months ago the plugins/references to the actual directories, and I use them normally. Then, as you knows, some things requiring newer versions for those plugins are not working as intended. But it seems that this time it was not the case! ...Cool! ;)

Out-Of-Topic: ...also wondered, since we have SQueen and Nihilus already working at GNash, which is a GNU/GPL replacement for Flash... is there any GNU/GPL replacement for Java? Just wondering. It would be great to have complete the web puzzle.

VenomousPinecone

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:57 pm

GeneratriX wrote:is there any GNU/GPL replacement for Java? Just wondering. It would be great to have complete the web puzzle.

No clue :? but once they do, im playing jake on the octane.

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:06 pm

VenomousPinecone wrote:No clue :? but once they do, im playing jake on the octane.

The jake page says it just needs Java 1.4 or greater - we have 1.4.1 on IRIX so I'd think it would be doable now ...
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:04 pm

Updated/uploaded Firefox-1.5.0.7 with "official branding" as this was apparently a big issue for some. If someone can confirm that it still works as expected I'll move it to 'current' :)
All Rights Reserved.

VenomousPinecone

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:54 pm

nekonoko wrote:
VenomousPinecone wrote:No clue :? but once they do, im playing jake on the octane.

The jake page says it just needs Java 1.4 or greater - we have 1.4.1 on IRIX so I'd think it would be doable now ...

Hmmm, going to have to bring the quake 2 discs by the office and try this out. I forgot what exactly the problem was last time that had prevented me from playing :?

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:03 pm

nekonoko wrote:Updated/uploaded Firefox-1.5.0.7 with "official branding" as this was apparently a big issue for some.

just out of curiosity, what's the difference ?

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:16 pm

The difference is it says "Firefox" instead of "Deer Park". Just the addition of "ac_add_options --enable-official-branding" when building. I would have done that from the start but the Mozilla folks don't really advertise that switch in their documentation.
All Rights Reserved.

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:20 pm

nekonoko wrote:The difference is it says "Firefox" instead of "Deer Park".

ah-ha ! that's certainly an important feature :-)

schleusel

Unread postby schleusel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:30 am

nekonoko wrote:If someone can confirm that it still works as expected I'll move it to 'current' :)

confirmed. ;-)

new in beta:

neko_x264-0.50.564.tardist - H264/avc encoder

Return to “SGI: Development”