neko_artofillusion-2.5.1.tardist in /incoming

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
necron2600

neko_artofillusion-2.5.1.tardist in /incoming

Unread postby necron2600 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:28 pm

neko_artofillusion-2.5.1.tardist is in /incoming and soon to be in my downloads folder.

It is nothing new (its a decade old) nor special. No compiling nor porting was done. This is just packaging the opensource vendor's binaries/tarball into a nekoware package.
/usr/nekoware/bin/aoi is a script you can run, should already be in your PATH, to launch Art of Illusion.

A lot of people new to SGI/IRIX look to nekoware for what is available. Art of Illusion as a nekoware package makes it more accessible to people.

I spent more time figuring out which Art of Illusion package works with IRIX and its super modern version of Java2 (1.4.1). At least now, its a simple tardist install than messing with tarballs of several versions.

Version 2.5.1 seems to be the last to support our java version.

-Kevin

necron2600

Re: neko_artofillusion-2.5.1.tardist in /incoming

Unread postby necron2600 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:08 pm

hamei

Re: neko_artofillusion-2.5.1.tardist in /incoming

Unread postby hamei » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:56 pm

necron2600 wrote:I didnt see this post until now..

The Ayam guy used to come here once in a while. He always made extra efforts to make sure it ran on Irix. It was/is pretty nice. I'm more of a caddy person but it seemed to work well.

Java is ... less than optimum. I hate to say pessimum because no matter how bad you think something is, today's "developers" can always surprise you. But .....
I spent a fortune on booze, birds, and fast cars ... the rest I just squandered

Return to “SGI: Development”