neko_minicom-2.1.tardist in /incoming

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
necron2600

neko_minicom-2.1.tardist in /incoming

Unread postby necron2600 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:15 am

MInicom 2.1
A console terminal emulator.

minicom and xminicom are the apps to run.

It will default to use /hw/ttys/ttyd1 as the serial port. Depending on your system's setup.. that port may be used by /sbin/getty for a serial console. You can find that out by this command to see what process is accessing it:

fuser /hw/ttys/ttyd1

Once you install the tardist, as root run: minicom -s to run Setup. This updates the /usr/nekoware/etc/minirc.dfl file. You could modify it by hand too. You may want to change the serial port used to /hw/ttys/ttyd2 or ttyd3, etc.. depending on your system's com ports.

ONE thing to note.. when I first compiled this, I had to copy all of /usr/share/lib/terminfo/* to /usr/nekoware/lib/terminfo something to do with terminal setting when I first ran it. At this time I do not know what files in /usr/nekoware/lib/terminfo came from my /usr/share/lib/terminfo/ so I am not sure if this is still required or not.. or what to do to resolve that problem. I'll have to reinstall IRIX and nekoware on another system to check.

Based on that, this is a Beta version ;)
minicom tardist attached here too....

-Kevin
Attachments
neko_minicom-2.1.tardist
(970 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Last edited by foetz on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged

josehill

Re: neko_minicom-2.1.tardist in /incoming

Unread postby josehill » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:54 am

Thanks for building this.

Return to “SGI: Development”