beta test: firefox3.0.19

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
mgandalf

Firefox3 MIPS4 on Indy/R5000

Unread postby mgandalf » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:57 pm

I have an old Indy decked out with an R5000 and full of memory. I have a base Irix 6.5 install and have downloaded and installed Firefox 3 and all the dependancies. I see Firefox 3 is MIPS4, and I know the R5000 is also, but the Irix kernel is MIPS3. Does this make a difference? The reason I ask is because when I kick off FireFox, the system dumps. There's an error message about libnss3.so.

Before I start debugging further, is this a known issue? Do I need to reinstall Irix and maybe get a MIPS4 userland/kernel? Could it be because I'm not at the latest patch level? If it were patch level, I would assume Firefox may not start or be unstable - I wouldn't think the kernel would dump.

Thanks, Mark.

foetz

Re: Firefox3 MIPS4 on Indy/R5000

Unread postby foetz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:19 pm

which irix version are you running exactly? because all the stuff for 6.5 offered here needs 6.5.22 or higher.
either way, firefox3 on an indy will be no fun. in fact pretty much everything that's made for 6.5.x only is likely gonna suck on an indy :P

anyhow, merged the post with our existing firefox3 thread

mgandalf

Re: beta test: firefox3.0.19

Unread postby mgandalf » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm running 6.5 base - no patches. I've only just started back into this and I'm not sure where I can even find patches, though that's my next step.

I understand the indy is pretty old, but I thought the R5000 would help enough.

Return to “SGI: Development”