IRIX's libm is terrible

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
SAQ

Re: IRIX's libm is terrible

Unread postby SAQ » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:50 pm

DSO libraries aren't a problem, and I don't think that static libraries are either. Where the problem has come up is in linking object files from GCC and MIPSpro, but I think that the GCC folks were working on that a couple of years ago.
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

"I am O SH-- the Great and Powerful"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)

legalize

Re: IRIX's libm is terrible

Unread postby legalize » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:24 am

SAQ wrote:DSO libraries aren't a problem, and I don't think that static libraries are either. Where the problem has come up is in linking object files from GCC and MIPSpro, but I think that the GCC folks were working on that a couple of years ago.

For DSOs with C linkage I don't expect there to be a problem as long as the C runtimes are compatible and both the DSO and the executable use the same C runtime.

For DSOs with C++ linkage, you'll need to use the same name mangling technique between MIPSpro and gcc or the symbols won't resolve.

However, a static library just a bag of .o files really, so if there is a problem mixing .o files between compiler toolchains, then I would expect that static libraries would have the same problem.

Return to “SGI: Development”