Bochs 2.3.7 x86 system emulation uploaded to incoming

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
emachine

Bochs 2.3.7 x86 system emulation uploaded to incoming

Unread postby emachine » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:45 am

All,

I have build and uploaded neko_bochs-2.3.7 to the ftp site (incoming). I have successfully booted both freedos and linux.

Enjoy!

Eric

emachine

Re: Bochs 2.3.7 x86 system emulation uploaded to incoming

Unread postby emachine » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:09 am

The last time I use Bochs to run a Windows OS (Windows 95) was back on an R5k O2 if I remember correctly. It was slow thats for sure.

Bochs has gotten quite a bit faster back then (still interpreted x86 tho), and pretty big jump from an R5k to R14/16k. I've been meaning to find my Windows 2000 OEM install disk and get this installed (on my TODO list). Once I get it up and running I'll let you know how it performs relative to Windows 95 on Softwindows.

I'm also working on building QEMU 0.91. I did have QEMU 0.7x running quite a while ago on my old Octane and that was considerably faster then Bochs. Probably going to be awhile until I get back to QEMU 0.91, but if I get it built and working will post it up.

Best regards,
Eric

joerg
Donor
Donor

Re: Bochs 2.3.7 x86 system emulation uploaded to incoming

Unread postby joerg » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:38 am

emachine wrote:All,

I have build and uploaded neko_bochs-2.3.7 to the ftp site (incoming). I have successfully booted both freedos and linux.

Enjoy!

Eric

Just a comment... the patch file is missing in the tardist or to be more clear it contains an empty file. But thats all :)

Thx for the contributions!

regards
Joerg

Return to “SGI: Development”