ImageVision alternative

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
txh822

ImageVision alternative

Unread postby txh822 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:15 am

Unfortunatelly my system did not come with ImageVision development environment installed. Is there an alternative library for image processing? What I really need though is simple image I/O supporting many formats.

Thanks
Vassilis

dexter1

Unread postby dexter1 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:15 am

We've had that question before. Basically there are libraries like imlib or ImageMagick which support lots of formats and can do lots of manipulation for you. So check out these packages at freeware.sgi.com.
These are not a drop-in replacement for ImageVision, so recoding some source is required, if you have existing code.

txh822

Re

Unread postby txh822 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:27 am

Basically I have some code in Java using the Advanced Imaging API and the javax.ImageIO library.... but it
is very very slow on my O2 and I would like to
try it using something else. I use JPEG images for input and my output is in PNG format.

o2ric

Re: Re

Unread postby o2ric » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:47 am

txh822 wrote:Basically I have some code in Java using the Advanced Imaging API and the javax.ImageIO library.... but it
is very very slow on my O2 and I would like to
try it using something else. I use JPEG images for input and my output is in PNG format.

Hmm... I think that what you are looking for is the development environment of IFL (Image Format Library), which is available on the standard IRIX distro. For the ImageVision sdk, indeed, you are right in that is not directly available with IRIX (only the runtime environment is).

Andrea

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:07 pm

r-a-c.de

Return to “SGI: Development”