Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:52 pm 

Hi,

I just tried to compile stellarium 0.5.2 (http://stellarium.free.fr), but ran into problems even before I could edit the makefile. During ./configure it

a) isn't able to compile the SDL test file (though SDL ist properly installed), however, this could be bypassed by passing --disable-sdltest to configure
b) it complains about a missing glEnable... looking at the config.log I see that it's trying to use the libGL in /usr/lib which is o32 and not the n32 version that should live in /usr/lib32

I alread passed /usr/freeware/lib32 as LDFLAGS before configure (that's needed if using the freeware libraries), but I'm really clueless how to convince that damn thing to use the n32 version of libGL additionally.

I compiled stellarium 0.5 before without too much problems (see the notes on http://www.rootprompt.de/useful_irix ), so I'm uncertain if there's something wrong on my side (using another SGI this time) or if the configure script is even more broken than before.

I'm sitting in front of my Mac currently, but if needed I could post every output configure creates ;)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:49 pm 

Aside from the system libraries, I've used only libraries from /usr/freeware and nothing that I compiled myself. Configure command line was:

Code:
rm -f config.cache; CFLAGS=" -O3 -mips4 -mtune=r5k -ffast-math -funroll-loops -mabi=n32 -finline-functions "  CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/freeware/include" CCFLAGS=" -O3 -mips4 -mtune=r5k -ffast-math -funroll-loops -mabi=n32 -finline-functions "  CXXFLAGS=" -O3 -mips4 -mtune=r5k -ffast-math -funroll-loops -mabi=n32 -finline-functions "  ./configure

If you want the compiler flags to actually be used, you will have to edit ./configure and remove the lines
CFLAGS="-s -Wall -O2 -ffast-math -fexpensive-optimizations"
CXXFLAGS="-s -Wall -O2 -ffast-math -fexpensive-optimizations"

The reading of hipparcos coordinates is still broken with gcc and strict aliasing but can be fixed with the following patch:

Code:
--- hip_star.cpp        Thu Mar 20 17:15:51 2003
+++ ../../../stellarium-0.5.2/src/hip_star.cpp  Mon Feb 23 21:36:32 2004
@@ -42,26 +42,26 @@
 int Hip_Star::Read(FILE * catalog)
 // Read datas in binary catalog and compute x,y,z;
 { 
-    float RA=0, DE=0;
-    fread((char*)&RA,4,1,catalog);
-    LE_TO_CPU_FLOAT(RA, RA);
+    float RA=0, DE=0, xDE, xRA;
+    fread(&xRA,4,1,catalog);
+    LE_TO_CPU_FLOAT(RA, xRA);

-    fread((char*)&DE,4,1,catalog);
-    LE_TO_CPU_FLOAT(DE, DE);
+    fread(&xDE,4,1,catalog);
+    LE_TO_CPU_FLOAT(DE, xDE);

RA/=12./PI;     // Convert from hours to rad
     DE/=180./PI;    // Convert from deg to rad

-    unsigned short int mag;
-    fread((char*)&mag,2,1,catalog);
-    LE_TO_CPU_INT16(mag, mag);
+    unsigned short int mag, xmag;
+    fread(&xmag,2,1,catalog);
+    LE_TO_CPU_INT16(mag, xmag);

Mag = (5. + mag) / 256.0;
     if (Mag>250) Mag = Mag - 256;

-    unsigned short int type;
-    fread((char*)&type,2,1,catalog);
-       LE_TO_CPU_INT16(type, type);
+    unsigned short int type, xtype;
+    fread(&xtype,2,1,catalog);
+       LE_TO_CPU_INT16(type, xtype);

// Calc the Cartesian coord with RA and DE
     RADE_to_XYZ((double)RA,(double)DE,XYZ);

The position of the Moon is still off, and the current 0.6 beta version that's supposed to fix this segfaults here.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:02 am 

Actually MIPSPro 7.3.1.3m will compile stellarium 0.5.2, but 7.4.1 craps out. You just need to tweak the configure file as canavan said (SDL needs an include path fix)

I will try and make a full optimisation of stellarium and maybe bundle a tardist.
Just gave it a spin. Nice!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:12 pm 

Neko,

A stellarium-0.5.2-mips3.tardist is sitting in your incoming directory waiting to be touched. :)
Build for mips3 and optimized with -IPA. Only dep is libSDL. Not a neko_ build, but i already arranged relnotes, dist files and source+patches so everybody can redo what i've done.
I accidentally tripped a MIPSPro 7.4.1 compiler bug while compiling, which SGI support was able to solve for me. Fab!

This is a first of a series of my MIPSPro tardist shootouts. Expect qt-3.3.0 (12 build hours on my R4K4 Challenge S! And packaging 60 megs is a nightmare) aRts-1.2.0 and xmame/xmess 0.79.1 once i get the color mangling fixed.