This patch is the result of a work in progress in my attempt to port Webkit/JSC to Irix (mipspro), in various states :
- The Qt part should be clean enough to package a neko Qt 4.8.2
- The Webkit/Webcore part may need some rework/cleaning, but up to now I never had issues with Webcore itself
I used the following configure line :
Code: Select all
./configure --prefix=/usr/nekoware/qt4 -verbose -platform irix-cc -debug -webkit -graphicssystem opengl -nomake examples
A few "out of my head" comments :
- The OpenGL graphics system should be a great feature on Irix. But it does not seem to enable itself at runtime, not sure exactly why, I didn't investigate much
- The libQtWekbit.so can be used with the qt demo browser. Arora also builds just fine, and should be a nice modern browser for Irix
- Linking the whole libQtWebkit can be difficult (see here for details). In my case, the quickfix was to strip the WebCore objects before linking (this is the biggest part of the library, and as I never had a runtime problem with it, stripping the objects shouldn't cause any problems).
- There is various "XXXX" comments in JSC code, these are hacks for my debug in progress and should be removed (see patch)
- It's easier to debug and faster to build the JSC library without the whole WebKit/WebCore stuff, so I used a script to build the jsc command line executable, that is not build by default.
That's all I can think of for now, questions or comments are welcome in this thread or by pm.