Have any one seen any good anime lately?

Japanese popular culture.
voth

Unread postby voth » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:49 pm

Gray Fox,

Have you had a chance to see Karin, Blood+, or Jigoku Shoujo yet?

Gray Fox

Unread postby Gray Fox » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:10 pm

voth wrote:Gray Fox,

Have you had a chance to see Karin, Blood+, or Jigoku Shoujo yet?

Nope, How are they?

voth

Unread postby voth » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:54 am

Short synopsis of the three (taken from AnimDB with links)

Karin
Karin is about a normal girl that goes to school, or so we might think. In reality, she`s the daughter in a family of vampires, though Karin is an exception to the other family members. She somehow produces blood! What a disgrace to the family!

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... rch=search

Blood+
The war never stops: in a different time, on a different battlefield, hiding deeply into the folds of History… They are called Chiropterans. They can change their form and disguise as human beings, but they are not. They are immortal creatures that feed off blood.

An organization, named Red Shield, has been fighting to exterminate this pestilence, and the struggle has now evolved into something of a much bigger scale.

Okinawa, Japan. Year 2005. Now.

Saya Otonashi is a high-school girl living peacefully with her family – with one exception: she has no memory of her life except for the past year. One day, a startling event causes her happy life to shatter into pieces.

An enemy to destroy, a mission to accomplish – the vortex of an ancient struggle is dragging Saya back to her destiny. A young and handsome cello player in dark clothes appears – his name is Hagi. The moment he hands Saya a Japanese sword, History starts a new course.

Will Saya be able to restore her memory and find her own ident

Jigoku Tsushin
There is a rumor. There exists a message board called “Jigoku Tsushin” where one can access only at midnight. It is said that if one writes his grudge against someone, Jigoku Shoujo appears and she takes the person to the Hell.

I've liked the series (all) up to this point, if you have a chance you should check them out.

sunverilog

Unread postby sunverilog » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:19 am

Yakitate, ended few days ago, about bread making, very funny, don't think it will be so funny once it's translated to English.

Major 2nd, a squal, for baseball fans.

voth

Unread postby voth » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:47 pm

Another series you may want to check out: Black Lagoon

Reference link:
http://www.blacklagoon.jp/

From Anidb
Based on the manga by Hiroe Rei.
When Okajima Rokuro visited South East Asia carrying top secret file, he was kidnapped by the pirates riding in a torpedo boat, “Black Lagoon”. Although he thought he would be rescued soon, the company sent mercenaries to shut his mouth.

Gray Fox

Re: Have any one seen any good anime lately?

Unread postby Gray Fox » Wed May 30, 2007 8:02 am

Well after getting some of my anime promo dvds that I got with NewType mags. Found some new anime shows that I like.

TeeTylerToe

Unread postby TeeTylerToe » Wed May 30, 2007 7:47 pm

planetes about some space garbage disposers... starts goofy, gets goofier, then, and a friend of mine says is logically explained all in a scene where some suits dismiss something offhand, turns moral... then the ending is a little turbulent in the "too little explanation" sorta way IMHO. anyway good anime, some loose ends though.

pentium

Unread postby pentium » Wed May 30, 2007 9:39 pm

I remember Karin. It was a good show until EATV stopped streaming it.
I then moved on to Pita ten and Zegapain.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

Gray Fox

Unread postby Gray Fox » Thu May 31, 2007 12:24 am

I rember when TechTV had Anime Unleash. Some good anime. Till G4TV bought them. Got rid of The Screensavers, Call for Help, etc. But keep Xplay. DAMN YOU G4TV.

Also remember when Toonami was on weekdays in the afternoon, Midnight (The Midnite Run), and on Saturday mornings (The Rishing Sun). They had Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, Dragon Ball Z, Salior Moon, Hamtaro, adn so on....

-Sign- Miss the good old days.

toxygen

Unread postby toxygen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:49 am

Actually, I enjoyed reading manga and watching anime called Hikaru No Go.
I can provide link to manga (comics) series of this anime, but I don't know whether it's legal here in forums. (The thing is, that manga was free at beginning, but after some time few companies bought rights for manga in their countries. So now sharing this manga is legal in some countries, but is not in some others.
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: This post was typed using dvorak keyboard layout - http://www.dvzine.org

Gray Fox

Unread postby Gray Fox » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:39 pm

Well, Im going to try to keep my anime list small for now (just the buying pary, just like I need to do with buying computers).

So here is my list of anime series that Im going to buy, (for now).

Love Hina
Hellsing
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
Desert Punk
Last Exile

VenomousPinecone

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:09 pm

Ok, ok, I just started watching Inuyasha because my fiance, sister, and everybody else I know who is into pen and paper D&D has pretty much demanded that I watch it.

I must say, I am on the third season and I am impressed. Very impressed.

Action, humor, fantasy.... and demons. Sweet.

Alright, back to work! :lol:

Gray Fox

Unread postby Gray Fox » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:01 am

VenomousPinecone wrote:Ok, ok, I just started watching Inuyasha because my fiance, sister, and everybody else I know who is into pen and paper D&D has pretty much demanded that I watch it.

I must say, I am on the third season and I am impressed. Very impressed.

Action, humor, fantasy.... and demons. Sweet.

Alright, back to work! :lol:

Inu is ok to watch on TV. But I wont buy it due how long and DVDs there are.

nekomusume

Unread postby nekomusume » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:17 am

Gray Fox wrote:Anime fourm seens kind of dead. So... Have you seen any good anime lately. I dont get that much time to watch anime anymore. :cry: Not until winter and summer break comes.

Time, the thing we are all slave to lol, Ive been kinder the same, but here and there I manage to get some in (24h days are not fun though lol)

Alteredninth wrote:I've just seen the new Final Fantasy movie Advent Children. I haven't played the game series so I came to it cold. I saw the first movie but i know it has nothing to do with the games (or the second movie). All i can say is WOW! Easily the best CGI I've ever seen. Makes the first one look like tom and jerry ;)

It probably makes a lot more sense to people who are familiar to the universe but i enjoyed it anyway. wonder if they used SGI machines on this one?

Advent Children was really cool, I enjoyed it alot too, hmm made on SGI prob not sadly though I did watch the making of that mentioned somethings about maya, so though its a possablity I more think Macs than SGI atm.

Another cool CGI based film was the remake of Appleseed and GiTS 2, I enjoyed them better. GiTS 2 is visually outstanding, shame I felt it lacked the depth of the manga both in GiTS 2 and Appleseed's cases.

Gray Fox wrote:

Why not just do a random download of a episode/series and play it by ear, that's how I found a lot of interesting series.

I wish that I could, but i have dial-up. :cry:

Awwwww, -wishes she was able to pass you my cable- another good one (well I think anyway) is Bleach and since I got the box set for my birthday Ive rediscovered .Hack.

If you can, check them out =^..^=

Gray Fox

Unread postby Gray Fox » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:56 am

nekomusume wrote:
Gray Fox wrote:

Why not just do a random download of a episode/series and play it by ear, that's how I found a lot of interesting series.

I wish that I could, but i have dial-up. :cry:

Awwwww, -wishes she was able to pass you my cable- another good one (well I think anyway) is Bleach and since I got the box set for my birthday Ive rediscovered .Hack.

If you can, check them out =^..^=

Thanks. But I just got DSL about 5 months ago. lol. But when I move, Ill have cable Internet. I didn't really care for .Hack and Bleach is ok. They have it airing on Toonami on Saturday nights.

Return to “Japan”