Irix Icons

3D/2D CGI and the tools used in their creation (Maya, Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, etc.).
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
karahana

Irix Icons

Unread postby karahana » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:47 am

Hi guys,
I have a couple of FTI files from irix and I was wondering is there's any way to convert the fti files to any usabe vector format or any raster format would be ok also.
I was thinkin in "porting" the icons to make them usable nowadays.

Thanks!
Image R12K Dual 300, 1gb RAM, EMXI, DIVO, MSCSI. Old logos!
Image R12K Dual 300, 640mb RAM, SE, DIVO(to be installed). New logos!
Image No processor, no HDDs, unknown state of ram... but hey! looks brand new :D

pentium

Re: Irix Icons

Unread postby pentium » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:49 pm

As in make ico files for Windows?

I believe someone has already done that.

http://darkdoomer.deviantart.com/art/da-motherfuckin-irix-icon-set-179568520
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

karahana

Unread postby karahana » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 pm

pentium wrote:As in make ico files for Windows?

I believe someone has already done that.

http://darkdoomer.deviantart.com/art/da-motherfuckin-irix-icon-set-179568520

Yep I've got those, but are extremely small and when I try to use them in OSX they get ruined by the anti aliasing. So I was thinking in translating the vector version of the icons to 256 x 256 icons and use them in OSX. I've found a java based software which reads FTI icons but does not export, also there's an editor but again no export. The good thing is that the viewer lets you scale the vector version up to something big enough to copy them in illustrator and then create the 256 icons. It's much more work though but the result is better!

Thanks dude.
Image No processor, no HDDs, unknown state of ram... but hey! looks brand new :D

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Check out the fti2svg.pl perl script -- it converts FTI files to SVG files, which can then be edited in Illustrator or other graphics programs: http://www.webninja.com/Webninja/Software.html

(The author is a Nekochan member, but it looks like he last logged in here in 2004.)

karahana

Unread postby karahana » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 am

josehill wrote:Check out the fti2svg.pl perl script -- it converts FTI files to SVG files, which can then be edited in Illustrator or other graphics programs: http://www.webninja.com/Webninja/Software.html

(The author is a Nekochan member, but it looks like he last logged in here in 2004.)

wooooo that would be it! thanks a lot Josehill.
I was redrawing them in illustrator, the result is quite nice but time consuming. But judgind from the quality of the SGI Icons I believe that I'll have to redraw them all =P I'll download that script right now =) thanks

Chinstrap

Unread postby Chinstrap » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 am

josehill wrote:Check out the fti2svg.pl perl script -- it converts FTI files to SVG files, which can then be edited in Illustrator or other graphics programs: http://www.webninja.com/Webninja/Software.html

Yeah...I just lurk occasionally, and never bother to log in. In a fit of frustration I gave away all of my SGI hardware a few years ago.

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 am

Chinstrap wrote:I just lurk occasionally, and never bother to log in. In a fit of frustration I gave away all of my SGI hardware a few years ago.

Thanks for checking in, and thanks for the script!

smj

Unread postby smj » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Yes, definitely - thanks for sharing!
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L:- :A3502L: :1600SW:+MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun, DG AViiON, NeXT :Cube:

foetz

Unread postby foetz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:36 am

thanks for both links. will use them for sure :D
r-a-c.de

Return to “SGI: Computer Graphics”