Some advices/help to uninstall properly Alias|Wavefront software

3D/2D CGI and the tools used in their creation (Maya, Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, etc.).
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
def13

Some advices/help to uninstall properly Alias|Wavefront software

Unread postby def13 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Hello,

I would like properly uninstall Alias|Wavefront studioPaint 4.0 without create troubles with Maya ...
According to me, I could uninstall the blue part and I have to keep the green part.

Is someone could take a look to help me to not make bullsh*ts, it will be great ?:-)
Attachments
image6.jpg
StudioPaint 4.0 vs Maya 6.5
:Octane2: (in fact a 1.5) mono 400 Mhz - 2Go - VPro V8

GIJoe

Re: Some advices/help to uninstall properly Alias|Wavefront software

Unread postby GIJoe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm

looks correct to me. if i recall right: by unfolding the 'product' entries by clicking the arrow icon next to them you can see the paths for every single file that was installed. if nothing conflicts with the maya install location then you should be good to go. perhaps back up the license file beforehand although i do not believe the uninstall process would touch that.

at any rate do you lack the install media for maya to repair the installation? pretty sure you'll still be able to find the official archive somewhere. these used to be available publicly on the autodesk support site along with the help file install. a just plug in a valid license and off you go type of deal.
must be somewhere on the web still.

def13

Re: Some advices/help to uninstall properly Alias|Wavefront software

Unread postby def13 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:48 am

Thanks for you're advices.
At first, taking a look to paths by clicking on arrows, is a very good way to see if uninstall a file could corrupt Maya (why I don't thought about it before ???).
I'll take care about the licences file by making a back-up, it's a very good idea.
:Octane2: (in fact a 1.5) mono 400 Mhz - 2Go - VPro V8

Return to “SGI: Computer Graphics”