Cosmo PageFX

3D/2D CGI and the tools used in their creation (Maya, Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, etc.).
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Janus

Cosmo PageFX

Unread postby Janus » Fri May 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello there

I know this is a SGI forum but my question doesn't really have to do much with SGI itself. I found this forum via Google and think there might be some guys who are able to help me. I'm not a SGI user myself, never been, but I'm still, even now in 2016, in a kind of love for that 90's computer graphics stuff, low poly 3d graphics, (what you would call them today) rudimentary 3d programs, and VRML! :D I did a lot of VRML stuff back then from 2000 to 2006 or so, worked with Cosmo Worlds, and then the whole VRML thing disappeared from the Internet. What a shame. But I think the whole 3d web thing was way ahead of its time. Anyways... My question just is: Does anyone of you guys have a copy of the trail version of Cosmo PageFX for Windows? I think there was only a version 1.0. I searched the web for it, but it isn't available anywhere. I didn't even found it on FTP servers and so on.

Thanks!

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Re: Cosmo PageFX

Unread postby jan-jaap » Mon May 23, 2016 12:22 am

There's some Cosmo/VRML stuff here: ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/opengl/contrib/kschwarz/VRML/
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

Janus

Re: Cosmo PageFX

Unread postby Janus » Mon May 23, 2016 2:58 am

There's unfortunately only the Cosmo Player, but not PageFX.

Return to “SGI: Computer Graphics”