Anyone remember Gil Bruvel's work?

3D/2D CGI and the tools used in their creation (Maya, Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, etc.).
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
scottE

Anyone remember Gil Bruvel's work?

Unread postby scottE » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 pm

It seemed to pop up everywhere Alias PowerAnimator was mentioned. (This was some of the stuff: http://www.cyberagenz.com/museum/bruvel/scifi/scifi.htm more here, albeit very low resolution: http://www.cyberagenz.com/museum/bruvel/bruvhome.htm)

I've been thinking about surrealism a lot lately.
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides

jimmer
Donor
Donor

Re: Anyone remember Gil Bruvel's work?

Unread postby jimmer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 am

sort of... but he's prolly been copied 45 million times so i dont know if it's his work or 'inspired by' work that i'm recognising.

speaking of 3D and work and SGI and all that... these days I do most of my 3D creation work in online Virtual Worlds based on opensimulator.org. I'd love to do the work on my fuel but i just havent got the time nor skills to rewrite a viewer for them. So I end up spending all my time on the nameless faceless PC (hasn;t even got a complete case - it's a real mongrel). Sigh.

I know, this is very low info posting, but just venting a little frustration and this seemed like a good place to do it. Normal service will resume now.

--
Fancy sig pending.

3dchris

Re: Anyone remember Gil Bruvel's work?

Unread postby 3dchris » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:33 am

I recognize his work from the BOX of PowerAnimator. In fact, it's also on the over of each manual for the software. I like the look of his work. It's a bit dated, but still nice all the same.
ImageImage 2xR14k 600MHz, 4.5GB, V12

Return to “SGI: Computer Graphics”