we are not allowed to distribute the model itself and the octane is lacking several needed features to show it.
the feature wish list is very very long right now and is constant getting longer. obj is currently not on the list, but i believe there are converters available to convert it to inventor (ObjToIv ?)
Code: Select all
- rendering: support for local light sources (enable in RenderPreferences)
- rendering: added new SpecTexChunk for correct specular highlights on texture (some call it Spextra)
- rendering: added TwoSidedLightingChunk to enable double sided lighting on material basis.
- rendering: added CG support to OpenGL Shading Language Chunk.
- rendering: new software rendering option (RenderPreferences)
- obj-import: reactivated obj loader.
- csb-import: support for local lights
- optimization: added new share optimize options ( which saves a lot of memory on disk as well as on graphic card)
- renderpreferences: added new cache scene option
- materialeditor: textures can be written to disk
- materiallibrary: added user definable material library.
- material sort key.
- scripting: new vrSpeech event (see speech.py example, needs http://www.microsoft.com/speech/download/SDK51)
- scripting: new vrWidget action (see widget.py)
- scripting: added setUpdateDuration und setFrame to vrVideoGrab action.
- scripting: huge speed improvement for findNode() via new initFindCache() method see find2.py.
- examples: new GLSL example added (bounce.py)
- added experimental raytracer
- Lights: added auto beacon creation and much improved transform handling.
- improved script and shader editor.
- navigation: right-mouse-button-shift-control changes the at point of the virtual trackball.
- cluster: added new cluster service/daemon for auto starting the cluster servers.
- cluster: added server autostart via rsh and many bugfixes.
- cluster: added render statistic to cluster server.
- cluster: added stereo mode to powerwall configuration.
- csb-import: Correct Blendfunctions are used for grayscale shadow textures
- povray-export: exports textures now.
- scripting: added some missing python dll's.
- optimization: fixed some crashs with shared geometry porperties.
- materialeditor: select nodes speed improvement.
- materialeditor: improved gui resize behavior.
- materialeditor: SHLChunk GUI-parameters can be configured via special GLSL comments
uniform vec3 SurfaceColor; // color
uniform float ambient; // slider<-1.0 1.0 0.05>
uniform float specular; // wheel<-10.0 10.0 0.05>
"color" creates a color manipulator
"slider" or "slider<min, max, step>" creates a slider
"wheel" or "wheel<step>" or "wheel<min, max, step>" creates a wheel
- improved hdr support.
- improved GLSL Shader support.
- ActiveX: many bugfixes and improvements.
- scripting: improved videograb action, added user definable video resolution.
- scripting: added online help just type help(<CLASSNAME>) in the terminal,
- scripting: updated the online documentation.
- optimize: improved speed with many nodes.
Brombear wrote:PS: The metallic shader runs at approx 10fps on a fx3000, the unicolor shader with 12fps
Code: Select all
- added support for 3 GB address space on windows XP (add /3GB option to C:\boot.ini file)
- added support for 4 GB address space on windows XP64
- rendering: added new global specular texture highlight render mode.
- rendering: correct two sided lighting mode with mirror (negative scale) transformations.
- rendering: added new point headlight option.
- rendering: added DepthTestChunk
- rendering: much improved antialiasing quality.
- rendering: antialiasing now supports all stereo modes and clustering.
- rendering: interruptible antialiasing.
- rendering: support for up to 64 local light sources.
- rendering: added new state sorting group node.
- cluster: added support for wireframe, double sided lighting and
specular texture highlights.
- cluster: improved render speed with activated client rendering.
- cluster: added cluster disable option to the render preferences to safe some memory.
- cluster: added interactive changing of eye separation and zero parallax.
- cluster: added direct connection via port.
- csb-import: added support for depthtest function
- ViLMA-import: added support for ViLMA-Structures
- fhs-export: inline textures will be exported to disk
- material editor: added separated transparency sliders for front and back material.
- material editor: added color material option.
- material editor: added material sort key.
- material editor: added lodbias adjustment for normal textures and cubetextures.
- material editor: added texture export into Cubetexture GUI
- material editor: added sharing of Textures, Materials, BlendChunks.
- material editor: new layout.
- fileio: added large file importer (use file menu import LargeFile)
- fileio: saving osb will now always write in compressed gzip format.
- fileio: osb now supports also unreferenced materials.
- fileio: added progress bar.
- fileio: new show fileio progress option.
- fileio: osb exports now relative paths.
- fileio: new geometry verifier tries to fix corrupted geometry.
- fileio: new show fileio progress option.
- render preferences: added z-up option.
- art tracking: added space and sensor calibration.
- art tracking: added support for z-up and y-up coordinate systems.
- node editor: added auto update option.
- viewpoint module: added support for near & far clipping plane as well as field of view.
- installer: added osb file format association on windows.
- actions: added new fade action (see fade.py)
- scenegraph: added drag and drop between nodes.
- optimize: added BlendChunk sharing.
- movie export: added new python createSnapshot command.
- vdse project: Viewpoints can be imported
- picking / selection: improved speed.
- script: new setCameraZUp() method.
- vredviewer: changed resize behavior and added new script command (setViewerActiveXWidth)
to change the width of activex widget.
- snapshot: improved image clipping with different aspect ratio in the main render
widget and the resulting snapshot.
- transform: added center rotation.
- fixed possible crash in node info update.
- csb-import: Fixed wrong orientation of the 6 cubemap images
- csb-import: Fixed too optimistic caching strategy of cubemapping
- csb-import: fixed wrong back material diffuse color and added support
for front and back material transparency.
- csb-import: better support for local light sources which are not below an environment node.
- csb-import: improved speed
- csb-import: lower memory consumption
- csb-import: some blend modi fixes.
- rendering: fixed conflict in ViewTextureTransform and TextureTransform chunk.
- rendering: more stable fullscreen mode on ATI cards.
- rendering: fixed redraw bug on WindowsXP.
- rendering: fixed some chunk state bugs.
- rendering: added antialiasing abortion via escape key.
- rendering: fixed possible crash in the SHLChunk.
- cluster: fixed a crash in the cluster server.
- cluster: fixed active stereo bug.
- cluster: fixed crash on connection.
- cluster: server start via rsh didn't work in direct connection mode.
- fileio: fixed wrong transforms in the wrl export.
- fileio: improved error message while trying to save in a unsupported fileformat.
- optimize: added workaround for a crash in material optimize.
- optimize: much improved material optimize speed.
- optimize: fixed rare crash in material optimize.
- optimize: fixed flush genfunc bug.
- qt lib: fixed a crash in QListView
- art tracking: fixed hmd mode.
- art tracking: fixed threading on linux.
- viewpoint module: fixed a crash on linux.
- activex: source path with environment variable didn't work in IE.
- transform: fixed bouncing rotation.
- clusterService: fixed path name with spaces problem in the install bat file.
- materialeditor: fixed missing materials after convertToFresnel and converToPhong.
- materialeditor: fixed share materials crash.
- materialeditor: colors do no longer turn to grayscale when using the slider
- script: fixed some crashes with invalid pointers.
- movieplayer: texturetransformchunk will only be created when necessary.
- navigation/picking: works now also with big scenes.
- fhs export: when using clamp_to_edge, write clamp because fhs does not support it.
- nodeeditor: fixed update bugs in cluster mode.
- scene: improved z-up.
- scenegraph: much improved update speed (up to 50 times faster)
- navigator: fixed wrong at point for snapshots and viewpoints.
- updated to qt version 3.34.
- updated to python 2.4
- rearranged tab-order in some modules
- rewrote the material ref counting.
- improved opengl 2.0 support.
- updated to ffmpeg 0.49
Comments are welcome
hamei wrote:"Your favourite device
In case your favourite interaction device isn't listed here do not bother to contact us ... "
GIJoe wrote:i think i'll give it a try on my lowly vpro
since you seem to be in close contact with fraunhofer institute and want to test your software on sgi's bigger iron, you might want to contact fraunhofer sankt augustin (i believe it's IMK). at least they used to be stuffed with sgi gear from desktops to supercomputers up to the building roofs and might still keep some big machines around.
Brombear wrote: Besides that the IRIX port is not of great value anymore today, so I won't actively search for people testing it. In fact IRIX is an unsupported platform for us, it's just pure fun to see that it still compiles and runs on it.
hamei wrote:You don't find that making sure your application compiles and runs on Irix to be a worthwhile sanity check ? Or is cross-platform portability of minimal value these days ? Just curious ....
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest