"Unlimited Detail" - new rendering technology

3D/2D CGI and the tools used in their creation (Maya, Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, etc.).
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
BetXen

Re: "Unlimited Detail" - new rendering technology

Unread postby BetXen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:43 am

And he says that the demo runs at 25-30fps, if I remember correctly, on this i7-26x0.

There is also a shorter video on their website where it is said that they have other optimized versions that run even faster (still without GPU).
:Onyx2: : oxygen / :A3504L: :A3504L: : neon (16xItanium2 1.6, L2 9MB) / :O200: :O200: : beryllium
:Fuel: : nitrogen / :Octane2: : carbon / :Octane: : fluorine
:O2: : hydrogen (R10k 195, 512Mo) / :O2: : sodium (R5k 180, 512Mo) / :O2: : R5k 180->200 motherboard and PM only
:Indigo2IMP: : helium (R10k 195, HighImpact, 160Mo) / :Indigo2IMP: : boron / :Indigo: : magnesium
:4D70G: 4D70GT : hydrogen, my very first one (now property of musée bolo and the foundation mémoires informatiques)
See the hinv/gfxinfo posts here.

GeneratriX

Re: "Unlimited Detail" - new rendering technology

Unread postby GeneratriX » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:10 am

A bit off-topic, but I still think that fractal algorithms still got a lot more to contribute to 3D technology... since there are not enough samples from their use on modeling and real-time animation/rendering. In fact I think that for what conceirns to 3D, they are almost totally under-used.

And for the rest, thanks @ajerimez by expanding my concepts into a more digestible way.

But of course, to say it short, I still got to see a release from any modeling/animation/rendering tool running with the assistance from their tech.

All in all, I reckon that it starts to look interesting.

Return to “SGI: Computer Graphics”