New Octane user

New to SGIs? Need help getting things going? This is the forum for you!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
kikems

New Octane user

Unread postby kikems » Sat May 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi to all, i'm a 3D and SGI fan since 90 's. Now I have my first SGI machine an Octane to help me to explore old stuff that i'm only dream in 90 s, when I was introduce to 3D world with my Commodore Amiga computer.

Thanks to help of this forum finally I can install remotely a fresh Irix 6.5 and now all is running. I know that share old comercial software or abandonware are not welcome here, I think that preserve and maintenance hardware it's very important, but remember that the software make sense to the hardware. I hope that in the near future forums like this start the preservation activity that software need, before most of very important old version software will be lost. I think that actually this is the black hole of preservation of old Unix machines.

Thanks in advance, and very pleasure to join to a forum like Nekochan.
Last edited by kikems on Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

dexter1

Re: New Octane user

Unread postby dexter1 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:01 am

Welcome to the forum.

The current forum policy does not allow public sharing of software, there are other places and fora for that. We do help out in making stuff working, and there is a bit of development in porting software to IRIX.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:

kikems

Re: New Octane user

Unread postby kikems » Mon May 14, 2018 12:38 pm

dexter1 wrote:Welcome to the forum.

The current forum policy does not allow public sharing of software, there are other places and fora for that. We do help out in making stuff working, and there is a bit of development in porting software to IRIX.

Yes I know.

Return to “Getting Started, Documentation, Tips & Tricks”