Conditions I'm dealing with:
- Helicoprion is on 6.5.22f; and a CDROM is installed
- I have the rest of IRIX install media, but not overlays for 6.5.22, apparently
- I've a 2 GB HD in the Indy. That's it. And it's over 90% full.
- I cannot access the internet/LAN. It's WiFi only here.
- No serial terminal (not that this would help, but I thought I'd mention it again)
Even if I could access the LAN, the overlays are gzipped tarfiles which amount to more space than I have available. I could expand them, but they would still have to reside on the remote server (microceratops, the OS X mini running Yosemite, in this case).
Is there a way to install eoe.sw.uucp without dealing with the conflicts? Like, force an install in spite of the conflicts? (Or is this a bad idea, no matter what?) I just need something to use Helicoprion as one for another, ailing machine.
I'm also open to any alternatives to cu if they can be copied to CDR and will fit within the disk space limitations.