SGI Fuel Owners Manual

New to SGIs? Need help getting things going? This is the forum for you!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
jack3k
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 am

SGI Fuel Owners Manual

Unread postby jack3k » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:57 am

Hello everyone! Not so long ago got my hands on SGI Fuel, but can't find any documentation except The Visul Workstation Hardware User's Guide.
Can anyone give any tips on where I can find the original owner's manual, or, maybe just provide with links where it's waiting to be downloaded.
Thanks! :D

Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: SGI Fuel Owners Manual

Unread postby Hombre71 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:35 am

:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

jack3k
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 am

Re: SGI Fuel Owners Manual

Unread postby jack3k » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 am

Hombre71 wrote:...

Thanks, but that's not what I was looking for. I've found this User's Guide in 2 mins Google search.
But I need exectly the Owner's Manual, and according to some info, it's not in open source on the web.

hardwire
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: SGI Fuel Owners Manual

Unread postby hardwire » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:08 am

The Silicon Graphics Fuel Visual Workstation Hardware User's Guide *is* the owner's guide for the Fuel. The title is just worded differently unlike other owner's guides from SGI (ex: OCTANE2 Workstation Owner's Guide)

jack3k
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 am

Re: SGI Fuel Owners Manual

Unread postby jack3k » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:29 am

hardwire wrote:The Silicon Graphics Fuel Visual Workstation Hardware User's Guide *is* the owner's guide for the Fuel. The title is just worded differently unlike other owner's guides from SGI (ex: OCTANE2 Workstation Owner's Guide)


Oh, then, are there any other "manuals" for Fuel?

User avatar
josehill
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3334
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: New England, USA
Contact:

Re: SGI Fuel Owners Manual

Unread postby josehill » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:53 pm

jack3k wrote:
hardwire wrote:The Silicon Graphics Fuel Visual Workstation Hardware User's Guide *is* the owner's guide for the Fuel. The title is just worded differently unlike other owner's guides from SGI (ex: OCTANE2 Workstation Owner's Guide)


Oh, then, are there any other "manuals" for Fuel?


No. That's the only user manual for the Fuel.

If you're interested in manuals for the IRIX software that is loaded on a Fuel, you'll want the general IRIX manuals whose titles begin with "IRIX Admin" at https://techpubs.jurassic.nl/manuals/06 ... index.html and any of several manuals in the End User section, but most particularly the Desktop User's Guide and perhaps the Impressario User's Guide. These are general IRIX manuals and are not specific to the Fuel.

jack3k
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 am

Re: SGI Fuel Owners Manual

Unread postby jack3k » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:22 pm

josehill wrote:No. That's the only user manual for the Fuel.

If you're interested in manuals for the IRIX software that is loaded on a Fuel, you'll want the general IRIX manuals whose titles begin with "IRIX Admin" at https://techpubs.jurassic.nl/manuals/06 ... index.html and any of several manuals in the End User section, but most particularly the Desktop User's Guide and perhaps the Impressario User's Guide. These are general IRIX manuals and are not specific to the Fuel.


Thanks! It will really help!


Return to “Getting Started, Documentation, Tips & Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest