Rich IRIX package selection?

New to SGIs? Need help getting things going? This is the forum for you!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
alexott

Rich IRIX package selection?

Unread postby alexott » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:19 am

Once I've set IRIX 6.5.0 on Indy and many useful things were installed, like demos and some apps.
Now I've installed IRIX 6.5.30 on O2, but no demos and overall software selection seems stripped down :( The commands as per "IRIX 6.5 Installation Instructions" guide were
"keep *
install standard"
Am I missing something? Both 6.5.0 and 6.5.30 medias were open and I believe I've used the same commands when installed 6.5.0.

dexter1

Re: Rich IRIX package selection?

Unread postby dexter1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:16 am

The IRIX Demos are only on the original 6.5 applications CD dated june 1998, and on separate Demo CD's for selected systems, like O2 and Octane, although some demos can be installed on several other systems.
If you think there are applications missing, try to locate the IRIX 6.5 "Applications" disk and the "Complementary Applications" disk.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:

alexott

Unread postby alexott » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:51 pm

Thanks!
I didn't open the 6.5.0 Applications, only 6.5.30 Applications because of the note "IRIX 6.5 Applications (use only if a newer Applications CD was not included in the intermediate release package)" in "IRIX 6.5 Installation Instructions". Maybe this is the culprit? Okay, it is at least for demos.

Krokodil
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Krokodil » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:02 pm

The stock demos are rather weak. Obtain the relevant demo disks for a better experience.
:Octane2: - :O2: - :Octane: - :Indigo2IMP:

Return to “Getting Started, Documentation, Tips & Tricks”