Argentinean Directors Hitting Seattle! :D

For friendly off topic discussion not covered in a forum above.
Forum rules
No politics, please.
GeneratriX

Argentinean Directors Hitting Seattle! :D

Unread postby GeneratriX » Fri May 20, 2005 11:17 pm

Cool!; Our boys are working really hard! :D
I'm very proudly as an argentinean guy to see all those nice films there! ...Among others, you can see there a wonderful movie from Campanella, who is a really great Director from our country (I could recomend strongly one of his previous movies: "SON OF THE BRIDE")

More info on the official website:

Seattle International Film Festival: Argentinean Movies

Hey!; Maradona is not our only talent! ;)
Cheers! ;)

Avellaneda's Moon

Avellaneda's Moon
Argentina, 2004, 145 min.
Director Campanella follows his hit SON OF THE BRIDE with a romantic comedy that celebrates the history of a social and sports club founded in the 1940s, now threatened with extinction as the country's social fabric collapses. AVELLANEDA’S MOON is a film about human solidarity and the boundless capa... more

Bombon, el Perro

Bombon, el Perro
Argentina, 2004, 96 min.
Considerably more than just a Patagonian shaggy dog story. Set in the remote landscape of southern Argentina, this life-affirming, comic road movie turns on the relationship between a 52-year-old out-of-work mechanic and his unlikely animal companion as they travel towards a promising new career in ... more

Crane World

Crane World
Argentina, 1999, 89 min.
The story of an aging and overweight one-time rock star who searches for work as a semi-skilled laborer. Employing the style of 1950s Italian neo-realism, Crane World is buoyed by the instinctive sense of optimism and perseverance that keeps the men and women of Argentina’s working class going.... more

The Debt

The Debt
Argentina, 2004, 90 min.
One of Argentina’s most distinguished investigative TV journalists, Jorge Lanata, pursues the corrupt forces and disinterested bureaucracies responsible for the collapse of one of the richest countries in the world. In the style of Michael Moore, his journey takes us from Buenos Aires to Switzerland... more

The Holy Girl

The Holy Girl
Argentina, 2004, 106 min.
Two adolescent girls get together after choir rehearsal and extend their passionate devotions to discussions of faith, the nature of good and evil, and the difficulties in distinguishing between the two.... more

Kept and Dreamless

Kept and Dreamless
Argentina, 2005, 94 min.
An intimate, sometimes humorous and surprisingly optimistic portrait of a drug-addicted mom and her precocious nine-year-old daughter who have a slightly reversed relationship. Independent, unbowed, slightly off-kilter and united against all challenges—they fight through Argentina’s economic crisis ... more

Little Sky

Little Sky
Argentina, 2004, 93 min.
Felix, a transient teenager in rural Argentina, finds work with the parents of a one-year-old boy. When their marriage dissolves, he absconds with the boy to the big city in hopes of creating the family he himself has never known. Amazing performances create one of the most persuasively fond adult-c... more

Rolling Family

Rolling Family
Argentina, 2004, 103 min.
Four generations of an Argentinian family hit the road in Pablo Trapero's enchanting and buoyantly funny new movie. Along the way, emotional and mechanical mishaps abound while old passions and enmities are re-ignited as they pass through the landscapes and folkways of Argentina.... more

Roma

Roma
Argentina, 2004, 152 min.
Epic in scope. Quietly affecting and rewardingly intense, Aldofo Aristarain has created his most accomplished feature yet. A young journalist typing a famous novelist’s last book dredges up memories of the novelist’s mother Roma and the struggles that tore Argentina apart in the late ’60s and ’70s. ... more

Ronda Nocturna

Ronda Nocturna
Argentina, 2004, 80 min.
A young gay hustler is on a dark journey through the sex-and-death-drenched streets of Buenos Aires, forced to confront his past and the consequences of his excess as his pre-dawn travels grow increasingly surreal—blurring the lines between what is real and imagined until the sun finally rises.... more

The War That Never Was

The War That Never Was
Argentina, 2004, 8 min.
Dueling peanut vendors fight for customers on the streets of New York City.... more

Whisky Romeo Zulu

Whisky Romeo Zulu
Argentina, 2004, 105 min.
Beautifully shot and narrated, director Enrique Piñeyro plays himself in a docudrama that feels like fiction. Having just been made captain in an airline company that is bending safety rules, he recreates his life and the events leading up to the fatal crash of an LAPA flight in 1999.... more

A Year Without Love

A Year Without Love
Argentina, 2005, 100 min.
An audacious film that dares to place its HIV+ protagonist in the S&M leather scene of Buenos Aires. In defiance of his deteriorating health, he continues to cruise the city where his encounters reveal an ambitious, gifted man forced to come to terms with his mortality.... more

Scott Tarr

Unread postby Scott Tarr » Sat May 21, 2005 7:52 pm

Holy CRIPES!

That's an awful lot of Argentinians running about in Seattle.

Good luck to all of them in their endeavors.

GeneratriX

Unread postby GeneratriX » Sat May 21, 2005 8:13 pm

Scott Tarr wrote:Holy CRIPES!

That's an awful lot of Argentinians running about in Seattle.

Indeed! :lol: But hey!; Don't worry, I guess they are all educated persons, with very good manners! :D

Scott Tarr wrote:Good luck to all of them in their endeavors.

Sure!; I hope a good amount of applausses, at least for the four best movies of the lot (they are all good productions, but I know that at least four of them are really superb, contrasting clearly against the rest of argentinean producers).

Take a trip to see them; worth the efforts, Scott! ;)

Scott Tarr

Unread postby Scott Tarr » Sat May 21, 2005 8:17 pm

Trip to see them? Surely you jest.

I rarely get time to take a trip to the store anymore, it seems. I never know how late I'll work until it's already late and get only small amounts of time off anymore.

One of these days, though...

themacosxflies

Re: Argentinean Directors Hitting Seattle! :D

Unread postby themacosxflies » Tue May 24, 2005 7:09 am

Diego wrote:
Hey!; Maradona is not our only talent! ;)
Cheers! ;)

Ginobilli is doing great with the San Antonio Spurs :D

What a difference, instead of 'real art', spaniard directors have finished a film featuring Paris Hilton as mighty star ! :shock:
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.

GeneratriX

Re: Argentinean Directors Hitting Seattle! :D

Unread postby GeneratriX » Tue May 24, 2005 4:21 pm

themacosxflies wrote:What a difference, instead of 'real art', spaniard directors have finished a film featuring Paris Hilton as mighty star ! :shock:

Never mind it, Angel! :shock: ...But anyway Spain has a good bunch of directors, including Almodovar! ;)

By the way; yes, I think Manuel Ginobilli is actually doing a great job with his basketball! ;)

Oh!; Scott: Just a joke!; I have never enough time here too! :(

mainframe.ai

Aaargh!

Unread postby mainframe.ai » Mon May 30, 2005 3:54 am

I first misread it… 
"argentinian dictators flooding seattle… " :-)
I thought you got yourself a new profession… and were named the new ceo of m$…  (ceo title switched to "el supremo" … ) with the intent to destabilize the monster…

Cheers,
Martin

Sorry diego… i have my final exams tomorrow… 
so I am kinda busy as you might have found out lately… :-/

P.S.: This is a weird humor thingy right?
--
Apple Macbook Pro C2D 2.33 2GB RAM
SGI Octane2 r12k 400 1.5 GB
and some other stuff… that won't count… 

GeneratriX

Re: Aaargh!

Unread postby GeneratriX » Mon May 30, 2005 5:37 pm

mainframe.ai wrote:I first misread it…
"argentinian dictators flooding seattle… " :-)

No way!; Our dictators are really bussy in Switzerland managing HUGES bank accounts with all the thousand million dollars that they have stolen from Argentine!

Sadly we can't ship them to U.S.A. as gift, because they have abandoned our country with their bags full of GOLD!

And I say "Sadly", because at least our ex-dictators could give a nice target to G.W. Bush, where he could maybe discharge a portion of all his rage and fury feels, making at the same time some justice! ;)

But as I said; those crappy old mens are walking the streets of Switzerland, spending all the money of our tons of cereals, preciouss minerals, and argentinean meats in swiss "souvenirs" for the sake of their hookers! :evil:

mainframe.ai wrote:I thought you got yourself a new profession… and were named the new ceo of m$… (ceo title switched to "el supremo" … ) with the intent to destabilize the monster…

On ho, no, no! I remain here as "CEO" of GeneratriX! ...A not so big company, with not so big money, but instead with big fun! :D

BTW: If I could desire to destabilize the monster, I would just send a bunch of argentinean economy ministers! ...But nah!; We're just kindly sending artists to U.S.A.! ;) ...Our better boys, I could say with justice; to show to the rest of the world what an argentinean guy can do when believes in magic, and catchs a few $ from our government as sponsorship! ;)

mainframe.ai wrote:Cheers,
Martin

Sorry diego… i have my final exams tomorrow…
so I am kinda busy as you might have found out lately… :-/

Yup, I thought you are actually bussy, since seems dissapeared of my InBox since quite much weeks! ...But I've not tried to ask about the *G* site, because I've guessed that you could be bloated of work! ;)

BTW: Are you in agreement if I get the GeneratriX website files from your site, using wget, to plant thoses in my domain? :roll: ...Later you could make the mods as needed, using my log/pass...

mainframe.ai wrote:P.S.: This is a weird humor thingy right?

Indeed! :D ...But all the argentinean ex-dictators are a bunch of crappy assholes; so, why not kick them a little! ;) If only swiss bankers could think the same, maybe we could get here again all our stolen millions! :roll:

Anyway, I guess that today I have a weird humor sense too! :lol:

Cheers!

Return to “Everything Else”