Evil ebayers'

For friendly off topic discussion not covered in a forum above.
Forum rules
No politics, please.
Shtoink

Evil ebayers'

Unread postby Shtoink » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:31 pm

This is one of the most horrible things you can find on ebay...

Pure Evil!

This is the kind of thing I wish could be irradicated from ebay. I can't stnd these rediculous claims.
There is a site from which you can purchase an e-Book for 150$. After purchasing this e-Book, you are placed into a matrix system for an Apple Power Mac G4. This means that it may take anywhere from 5 days to 5 months (an estimate) to get your product. However, there is no other catch, no other fees to be paid, and no other obligation to be made by you.

Yeah, what ever!

Sorry, I saw this and got fired up...

vegac

Unread postby vegac » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:30 pm

5 days to 5 months to get my $150 G4 huh...
What's that depend on, how long it takes them to steal one and ship it to me?

Only took him 11 weeks (just under 3 months) to get a 17" LCD he got...
Wow, I dunno, if I was going to buy something, I would rather have it now, or in a week, not months. Also, because of this claim that it can take a while, who do you complain to calling it a scam, they just say they told you it'd take a while and suddenly you have no legal resources...

semi-fly

Unread postby semi-fly » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:42 am

Well, it is legal (in Ebay and offical terms) to post these scams. Most people are smart enough not to waste their money, but I've know a few people who did take a chance and got burned. Used Mac hardware is way over priced as far as I'm concerned; might as well drop the loot and get the good stuff (new).

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:33 pm

I know this sort of thing shows up all the time on eBay, but here's one that's SGI related:

More Pure Evil!

:roll:
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

directedition

Unread postby directedition » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:34 am

Worse evils exist. I'm sure you've seen the Windows NT MIPS ports that got put in some Indigo 2s. And even more evil, the SGI t-shirt that says "Because NT is too important to trust to Intel" Ahhhhh! http://userpages.umbc.edu/~smyth1/stran ... weater.jpg
- Jim
:Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: <- signed by The Screensavers :) :Indigo2IMP: (230L) (230L) :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: <- touchscreen :PI: :Octane2:

Shtoink

Unread postby Shtoink » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:59 pm

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

/me shudders and curls into a the fetal potision in the corner, droooling on himself....

Return to “Everything Else”