your latest purchase

For friendly off topic discussion not covered in a forum above.
Forum rules
No politics, please.
commodorejohn

Re: your latest purchase

Unread postby commodorejohn » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:15 pm

mapesdhs wrote:a Casio CZ-1000 that doesn't work properly (bad samples chip or something)

The CZ-1000 doesn't have a sample ROM; it's purely algorithmic, like Yamaha FM (though I assume there are some lookup tables on-chip.) What is it doing, specifically? Be nice if you could get it up and running again, it's a neat little synth for the money.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600

skywriter

Unread postby skywriter » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Mapesdhs, get an Eventide H9 - you'll never be bored in your life again :-)
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596

skywriter

Unread postby skywriter » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:25 pm

Dexter1, here's some of my eye-pieces, if only the light pollution wasn't so bad around here.These are my Televue Ethos, Delos, Nagler and Panoptics.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

DECUS Member 368596

mapesdhs

Unread postby mapesdhs » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:45 pm

commodorejohn wrote:... What is it doing, specifically? Be nice if you could get it up and running again, it's a neat little synth for the money.

Yikes, I can barely remember now, it was ages ago I bought it. From what I remember, the issues led me to conclude that one of the ICs inside was bad, but I forget the details. I'd need to fire it up again to check.

skywriter wrote:Mapesdhs, get an Eventide H9 - you'll never be bored in your life again :-)

Ouch, bit out of my price range. :D Most of my units I built myself (looong time ago), except for an Ibanez something or other. I haven't done anything with them for a long time. Utterly out of practice. No time...

dexter1

Unread postby dexter1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Skywriter, thanks so much for rubbing that in. :P And holy batcave man, robbed any banks lately? :o

I am sensing a slight case of green-black eyepiece collecteritis in you. Even the discontinued 22mm Panoptic and the 31T5 "Handgrenade" is in the case, as well as the 2-4mm and 3-6mm Nagler zoom's. Nice.

But wait: No Radians? No Delites? Not even a Paracorr? tsk tsk. I r disapoint...
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:

skywriter

Unread postby skywriter » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:10 pm

@dexter1, yes I have collectoritis :-) I do have a paracorr2 just not show like a lot of other EP's I have; Brandon's (of course), here's the full damage report:

image.jpeg

I don't have the radians, because there wern't enough good reviews, and too much coloration - which being color blind, I can't stand - and delites are redundant with a lot of other EP's I have. I use to have all the Explore Scientific's too but they weren't as good as the Televues or the Pentax. You have a good eye for EP gear :-) did you read my observatory doc thread in 'everything else'?

DECUS Member 368596

skywriter

Unread postby skywriter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:35 am

Three very recent purchases. Got to use two over the weekend for a recording gig. Sweet mic's!

BLUE Kiwi, multi pattern condenser. Sweet for vocals and piano!
image.jpeg

Violet-design Wedge, classic airy design. I have a pair (now) for top and bottom snare mic's.
image.jpeg

Finally the king of BLUE's tube mic's. This mic features detachable mic capsules; 9 in all, for serious control over what, and how you want to record. Size is deceiving, this thing is huge.
image.jpeg

This is a mere smattering of my mic collection... Someday, I'll post it all :-)

DECUS Member 368596

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:11 pm

1st use.. :x :x :x :x :x :x
IMG_5175.JPG

But just had an email from seller.. posting a replacement tomorrow.. Excellent.. That's a top seller! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

commodorejohn

Unread postby commodorejohn » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:16 pm

commodorejohn wrote:
mapesdhs wrote:a Casio CZ-1000 that doesn't work properly (bad samples chip or something)

The CZ-1000 doesn't have a sample ROM; it's purely algorithmic, like Yamaha FM (though I assume there are some lookup tables on-chip.) What is it doing, specifically? Be nice if you could get it up and running again, it's a neat little synth for the money.

Speaking of, my latest purchase was a CZ-5000 - twice the patch memory, twice the polyphony, another octave on the keybed, and a stereo chorus :) I've missed the sound of these things - very distinctive.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600

Krokodil
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Krokodil » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:50 pm

ASUS eeePC 1001-PXD

To stand in for the Dell laptop until I get to building a gaming computer to replace it. Seems to have a failing disk controller and it's not worth fixing as the machine is over 5 years old and has other problems with it.
:Octane2: - :O2: - :Octane: - :Indigo2IMP:

smj
Donor
Donor

Unread postby smj » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:28 pm

This, a Sun Voyager. Appears to work fine - color screen, 80MB RAM. Hoping the new NVRAM/IDPROM will arrive on Friday like Mouser says... No hard drive, but there's a SCSI2SD Powerbook edition coming too. Needs a little cleaning, and a Type 4 keyboard will probably be a better fit since it didn't include the original Compact 1. Nice small footprint.

Sun_Voyager.png
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L:- :A3502L: :1600SW:+MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun, DG AViiON, NeXT :Cube:

yetanother**ixuser
Donor
Donor

Unread postby yetanother**ixuser » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Furman SP-20A Amp. Will power my Studiomonitors.
Attachments
furman2.jpg
furman1.jpg
no plan

Oskar45

Unread postby Oskar45 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:59 am

yetanother**ixuser wrote:Furman SP-20A Amp. Will power my Studiomonitors.

The specs of your monitors are? I bought my speakers in 1978 (!!!). They are working still perfectly well today [and they were Austrian-made - who would expect that?]. I'm driving them with Accuphase stuff.
Everyone loves a lover. Romeo loves Juliet. Therefore, Trump loves Putin.

skywriter

Unread postby skywriter » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:09 pm

With an intro like that', you have to show the rest of the studio man, come on!

I just sold the Alesis Andromeda A6, Novation UltraNova and DSI Mopho, to make some room for colleagues and possibly a small trap set, but yeah mostly the previous :-). But there's always stood I Always remain flexible! The X32 is starting to make more sense, and sound phenomenal.

DECUS Member 368596

yetanother**ixuser
Donor
Donor

Unread postby yetanother**ixuser » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 am

skywriter wrote:

With an intro like that', you have to show the rest of the studio man, come on!

nothing spectacular to brag about, no fancy outbound stuff just a mac pro with a fireface and and a shitty korg microkontrol. beside this, its all more or less stowed away in the basement. i even wont call it "studio", more likely "hobbyist stuff".
regarding the monitors, i use a pair of old mission 760i for this.
no plan

Return to “Everything Else”