Nekochan Census Poll: What's your IQ?

For friendly off topic discussion not covered in a forum above.
Forum rules
No politics, please.

What's Your Stanford-Binet IQ?

<80
9%
80-89
No votes
90-99
2%
100-109
4%
110-119
No votes
120-129
13%
130-139
28%
140-149
22%
150-159
7%
160-169
7%
170-179
No votes
>=180
7%

Total votes: 54

SiliconClassics

Nekochan Census Poll: What's your IQ?

Unread postby SiliconClassics » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:26 pm

As most of you probably know the average Stanford-Binet IQ is 100, though it's probably quite a bit higher on this board as I'm consistently humbled by the intelligence of fellow Nekochanners. This can be a personal issue for some, so feel free to vote anonymously. If you don't know your score try the Tickle online IQ test; it's actually pretty accurate.
Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+

anotheradamdickson

Re: Nekochan Census Poll: What's your IQ?

Unread postby anotheradamdickson » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:33 pm

Plus remember your IQ has very little todo with your ability in life, as well as your ability in sciences

Allot of 'gifted' people don't have tons of horsepower in the grey matter they just know how to use it in a
way that humbles us all

There's people far smarted then me, better memory, better schooling (coughcough better spelling on online rags)
and every other advantage. But their interact with the world in a very ackward very and have never really performed

Although exceedingly corny it's often true. It's not size of your 'tool' it's how you use it
(from sex, to computers, to life)

VenomousPinecone

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:46 pm

When I took my Stanford IQ test at the JC, they said my score was "artificially high, well above the highest in the state" and wanted to have me come back for a retest with a different template. I never went back because it was a waste of time, they truthfully cannot tell you just how smart you are. Tickle says I am at 130+ ... but how can a simple test with that few questions give you an accurate metric of your intelligence?

I think it is all BS personally, so to make fun, I put my vote in at 180 :P

anotheradamdickson

Unread postby anotheradamdickson » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:08 pm

VenomousPinecone wrote:When I took my Stanford IQ test at the JC, they said my score was "artificially high, well above the highest in the state" and wanted to have me come back for a retest with a different template. I never went back because it was a waste of time, they truthfully cannot tell you just how smart you are. Tickle says I am at 130+ ... but how can a simple test with that few questions give you an accurate metric of your intelligence?

I think it is all BS personally, so to make fun, I put my vote in at 180 :P

*EVIL* Now we all have to complete and spend all our money on the miracle IQ wonder drugs that are directly advertised
via the internet. The sad thing is if you believe those adds you really need need increased IQ, however thanks it you
it seems most of us are below average now .... sniff sniff ... crap, what was the name of the drug on the add..... Oh
'Vieegra of the mind"

SiliconClassics

Unread postby SiliconClassics » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 pm

VenomousPinecone wrote:I think it is all BS personally, so to make fun, I put my vote in at 180 :P

Well, I was hoping to get an honest look at the Nekochan distribution of IQ scores. My Tickle result was right in line with my previous IQ scores, so if it says you're 130 then you probably are. Regardless of the number, we all know you're a very smart guy :)

Now I'm wondering if the other 180+ respondent was telling the truth or not...

anotheradamdickson

Unread postby anotheradamdickson » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:45 pm

ajerimez wrote:
VenomousPinecone wrote:I think it is all BS personally, so to make fun, I put my vote in at 180 :P

Well, I was hoping to get an honest look at the Nekochan distribution of IQ scores. My Tickle result was right in line with my previous IQ scores, so if it says you're 130 then you probably are. Regardless of the number, we all know you're a very smart guy :)

Yeah I though the same thing, whould the person(s) that really have a IQ over 180 please raise
their hands. Just curious about your background and mundane stuff like that

regan_russell

Unread postby regan_russell » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:27 pm

anotheradamdickson wrote:
ajerimez wrote:

Yeah I though the same thing, whould the person(s) that really have a IQ over 180 please raise
their hands. Just curious about your background and mundane stuff like that

I put in for work at a bank... I did a whole day of psychometric testing. I am supposed to be fairly intelligent from some reports. I was told that you are not supposed to know your own IQ. I was refused my test results. When the results came back they were frantic to bring me on board into the Quantative Applications Division. Trust me, if those people ("Quants") are supposed to be very smart there is something seriously wrong with the test as they were amoungst the stupidest people I have met. The collective noun for bankers is still a wunch.

Intelligence is not linear and to be measured with a dip stick.

Regan
:Onyx2R: :Onyx2R: :0300: :0300: :0300: :O200: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x SUN, 2 x Mac, 3 x Alpha, 2 x RS/6000

anotheradamdickson

Unread postby anotheradamdickson » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:45 pm

A_really_smart_dude wrote:
I put in for work at a bank... I did a whole day of psychometric testing. I am supposed to be fairly intelligent from some reports. I was told that you are not supposed to know your own IQ. I was refused my test results. When the results came back they were frantic to bring me on board into the Quantative Applications Division. Trust me, if those people ("Quants") are supposed to be very smart there is something seriously wrong with the test as they were amoungst the stupidest people I have met. The collective noun for bankers is still a wunch.

Intelligence is not linear and to be measured with a dip stick.

Regan

Soooo, I guess this means your tooooooo smart for me to trick you into sending me all your gear ??? (shipping paid of
course)

Damn, ewe. I know, I'll try the Whitehouse no chance of running into that problem - but do they have anything I would
want. I know for awhile whitehouse.gov was run on IRIX platform so maybe they still have some good stuff ???

Crap, I'll have to make sure Bush has somebody there to help him with the shipping forms. Dick would just tear it apart
looking for tinie tiny terrorists hiding in the expansion slots and hard disks - those crafty buggers (I mean
the terrorists of course). Must keep the Dicks away from my HPC's, they just think it's too heavy and put their
feet on it

RageX
Donor
Donor

Unread postby RageX » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:45 pm

I clicked 150-159 on the survey based on previous testing I went through ... I think it was 152 but me memory is shit except for short term stuff. I took the tickle test, 8 beers in and when the results came @ 10 beers I was 130-something and I feel kind of cheated. I mean some of the questions were just silly and based on your knowledge of common phrases. But I'm willing to accept that I have a 130 IQ as a drunk :)

I think IQ tests are bunk anyway, motion of the ocean, and I'll prove it to all the ladies in my way!

BrentDMartin

Unread postby BrentDMartin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 pm

:oops:
Last edited by BrentDMartin on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It can only be attributable to human error ...

squeen

Unread postby squeen » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:28 am

Huntsville, AL puts you closer to Marshall than Langley. :)

Oskar45

Unread postby Oskar45 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:21 am

As Tickle classified me as "Visionary Philosopher", I was smart enough NOT to purchase my personalized 15-page IQ Report... :-)
Everyone loves a lover. Romeo loves Juliet. Therefore, Trump loves Putin.

SiliconClassics

Unread postby SiliconClassics » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:56 am

Oskar45 wrote:As Tickle classified me as "Visionary Philosopher", I was smart enough NOT to purchase my personalized 15-page IQ Report... :-)

Yeah, same here. Out of curiosity, I intentionally fudged the Tickle IQ test and came out with an 83. They then called me a "Word Warrior" and gushed about my amazing ability to relate to others verbally. I guess "Complete Retard" is not one of their categories.

Actually there's a decent survey called "Myers-Briggs" that classifies personalities along four dimensions and provides advice about occupation, relationships and self-improvement for each of the resulting 16 personality types. It's worth checking out if you have time. Yields much more useful information than a simple intelligence test.

luchford

Unread postby luchford » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:14 am

Two fun facts I picked up while studying psychology;

a) 90% of people will estimate their IQ to be "above average". Knowing this bias, a "smart person" (without other info) would guess/estimate their IQ to be exactly average. Still noone likes to be just "average", or even "below average"; anecdotally confirmed by this poll... ;)

b) There seems to be a causal relationship between higher IQ and a developed social life (number of friends etc.). You'll find "lone geniuses" out there, but being asocial isn't an indicator of high intelligence/IQ. If anything, it's the other way round...

BrentDMartin

Unread postby BrentDMartin » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:37 am

squeen wrote:Huntsville, AL puts you closer to Marshall than Langley. :)

Yes, that is true.
Last edited by BrentDMartin on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It can only be attributable to human error ...

Return to “Everything Else”