Some 3D work in MAX

For friendly off topic discussion not covered in a forum above.
Forum rules
No politics, please.
Irinikus

Some 3D work in MAX

Unread postby Irinikus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:01 am

In the past, I created the following scenes in 3D Studio Max:
Attachments
vortex driver 10.jpg
Room(71-31-24).jpg
metatron's cube.jpg
Floating vector gigo EAT 6.jpg
CHARM NEW 11.jpg
Charm 39.jpg
CHARM 1.jpg
BATHROOM 8.jpg
............Image...............Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image...Image
.............Image................Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image...Image
Image...Image ...Image
......Image..........Image ...Image
...........Image...............Image Image...Image

Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor

Re: Some 3D work in MAX

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:21 am

The geometric one looks like something from the fake PC Polybius game I see online all the time.
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)

I am probably posting from yangxiaolong, HP Z230 with Xeon E3-1230v3, 16GB RAM, GeForce 750ti, and running NetBSD and Windows 8.1 Embedded.
Owner and operator of http://irix.pw

Irinikus

Unread postby Irinikus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:47 am

Raion-Fox wrote:The geometric one looks like something from the fake PC Polybius game I see online all the time.

My apologies Raion, that's the metatron cube (sacred geometry)!

I rendered it in 3D and then transposed to a 2D image to accurately represent it's form in 2D. (take note of the slight overlap of the spheres, which is not usually represented in 2D drawings of the cube)

5.jpg

saucer 1.jpg

Chaos engine 1.jpg

ROOM 10.jpg

PENGUIN 4-2.jpg
............Image...............Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image...Image
.............Image................Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image...Image
Image...Image ...Image

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jan-jaap » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:06 am

Irinikus wrote:In the past, I created the following scenes in 3D Studio Max:

I see you're lusting after the larger Focal units.

I sympathize :D
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

Irinikus

Unread postby Irinikus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:07 am

jan-jaap wrote:
Irinikus wrote:In the past, I created the following scenes in 3D Studio Max:

I see you're lusting after the larger Focal units.

I sympathize :D

I took a bit of inspiration from Wilson Audio (group delay theory), Focal(aesthetic application of group delay) and Sonus Faber (laminated steam bent wood), as well as my own GIGO theory.

BY the way, I have managed to sample the Facal Grand Utopia's, they are pretty decent speakers.(not without some faults though)

The three commercial speakers that I still desire are the: B&W Nautilus (I have actually met Laurence Dickie personaly and discussed audio with him), the Wilson Audio X1 Grand SLAMM and the Duntech Sovereign. (Classics in their own rights in my opinion and ones that I would like to be able to sample on a daily basis.)

I require Properly developed 3D Printing technology (sinting) in order to fabricate some of the complex internal elements my own designs in the future.
I would personally far prefer building my own speakers than using someone else's (it would bring me far more joy!)
Image...Image ...Image

guardian452
Donor
Donor

Unread postby guardian452 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:46 am

Irinikus wrote:
jan-jaap wrote:I see you're lusting after the larger Focal units.

I would personally far prefer building my own speakers than using someone else's (it would bring me far more joy!)

I built my own 3-way loudspeakers many years ago, using Focal woofer and midrange, and Morel tweeters. Still sound great, running with a Dayton APA-150 now, the mono Bogens were a pain in the ass to use and overkill. Reused some MTX (crap chinese brand) boxes with a lot of extra baffling and changed the port length. Also reused the MTX circuit board for the crossover (changed most of the components to different values but the same topology).

We have a local audio store that specializes in speaker and audio components... https://www.parts-express.com/ They have a website but they get a lot of small-lots of drivers and open-box stuff that they don't bother putting online.

Also, I really want a pair of 901's after listening to them. So... different. Would not want to have them without also having a traditional speaker to switch back to.

Irinikus

Unread postby Irinikus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 am

Some of my more recent work:

Some elements of what I call the whirligig:
rotor.jpg

rotor1.jpg

rotor2.jpg
Image...Image ...Image

Return to “Everything Else”