Search found 10484 matches

by hamei
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:23 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

What do you think the embeddable like button is for? What do you think googlecaptchas do ? Do you think google donates that "service" out of the goodness of their hearts to Mankind at large ? It's a research project. We are the guinea pigs. Do you think they plan to donate their findings ...
by hamei
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

The fact that we are all currently on the world-wide-web, chatting about the world-wide-web for no financial gain of our own, on a site with no advertisements, run by donations to the operator because we all like SiliconGraphics systems and want a place to talk about them, is pretty good proof that...
by hamei
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:46 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

Lest we forget that the internet was never designed for the www, either... :roll: It most certainly was. Arpanet was designed from the beginning to be a fault-tolerant, self-healing NETWORK which could accomodate all different protocols. It was always intended to be extensible. The web, on the othe...
by hamei
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 am
Forum: SGI: Video
Topic: Battery in Octane PVO card?
Replies: 5
Views: 384

Re: Battery in Octane PVO card?

Intuition wrote: I've had some feedback saying that compressing a long file even with ntsc or pal takes forever such that it may seem like it has crashed or does freeze and never finish.

In that case, you need Octane Compression !!
by hamei
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:19 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

shutitalldown wrote: I also know the modern software no more comes with a perpetual license and it's obscenely hypercomplex to be integrated. So I go on. With my toolbox on my XP laptop.

Sounds like thoughtcrime to me. Yer gonna love room 101 ...
by hamei
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:17 pm
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

The underlying flaw is using the web for any sort of financial transaction - if people wanted to do that then they should have created a wwfw or something that ran on different rules. Plus I find it astounding that anyone, anywhere would think they should be leaving naked photos of themselves giving...
by hamei
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:54 pm
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

Windows XP and Windows 7 need to die ... Oh, I see. Because you don't like those programs, all the people who are happy with that software can get fucked, eh ? You got your God Certificate in the mail last week ? But of course I see your point ... in a world where any lowlife gang-banger on the pla...
by hamei
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:02 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

Idiotic incompetent braindead loser assholes ... I do not give a shit if it's saaafe ! or not. I am not distributing my plans for world domination. I am not advertising to purchase virgin twelve year old boys for sale to Saudi Arabia. I just wanted to see a fucking info sheet on one of their product...
by hamei
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:03 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

Jonathan Swift wrote: In the name of Security, please sign in with Facebook ...

And people go along with this ... I guess it's true what they say, half the people are stupider than average :D
by hamei
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 am
Forum: SGI: Hardware
Topic: Dat compatibility question
Replies: 12
Views: 469

Re: Dat compatibility question

jan-jaap wrote:Here's what /var/sysgen/master.d/scsi looks like on an IP26 PowerIndigo2 running IRIX 6.2.

I think the Archive Python 1931 firmware is in fact the Conner CDT-8000 .... which is why I am guessing there is something fundamentally wrong in the installation.
by hamei
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:45 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

shutitalldown wrote: ... authenticate through Facebook

That's satire, right ?
by hamei
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:21 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

I run techpubs.jurassic.nl, which comes in both flavors (HTTP and HTTPS). You are in the tiniest of minorities - people who know what they are doing. The number of sites that fireflop will not access because the owner forgot to add the www prefix to his certificate is appalling. And worse than anno...
by hamei
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:30 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

I don't have time to watch that whole talk; ... Me either, the first five minutes was enough to make me start throwing things. Another five minutes of their garbage and I'd have destroyed my monitor, keyboard and probably hanged an innocent bystander with the mouse cable. It's like watching a gathe...
by hamei
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why
Replies: 47
Views: 805

Re: doomed - use! HTTPS Everywhere - google explained why

Reasons got exposed in the Google I/O 2014 talk. And People have already started to use https even on their intranet ... I wish you wouldn't put this kind of thing up. I was having a perfectly enjoyable Sunday until I made the mistake of looking at this ... thing . Luckily, I wasn't there. 'Cuz if ...
by hamei
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:16 am
Forum: SGI: Hardware
Topic: Dat compatibility question
Replies: 12
Views: 469

Re: Dat compatibility question

Ok, I buy (and correctly installed) a Seagate CDT-8000-H-S but Irix see this tape as unknown. How I proceed? Something is wrong with your setup. That drive is recognized properly, I had one. Didn't work because the drive was junk but it was still recognized correctly. Check the id setting jumpers, ...

Go to advanced search