Search found 354 matches

by diegel
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 am
Forum: Hardware For Sale/Trade
Topic: SGI Presenter 1280
Replies: 2
Views: 197

Re: SGI Presenter 1280

PM sent.
by diegel
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:39 am
Forum: IRIX and Software
Topic: PPP daemon on IRIX?
Replies: 3
Views: 122

Re: PPP daemon on IRIX?

PPP is part of Irix: man ppp should help, if not install eoe.sw.ppp.
by diegel
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:28 am
Forum: SGI: Hardware
Topic: R5000PC to R5000SC?
Replies: 4
Views: 244

Re: R5000PC to R5000SC?

There is a serial eeprom on the board with boot information for the processor. At least the clock multiplier and the cache size are configured by this information. I successfully moved the eeprom data from a 180mhz board to a 150mhz board and replaced the processor by a 200mhz version. If there is a...
by diegel
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:43 pm
Forum: SGI: Discussion
Topic: How frequently you use your SGI (in 2017)?
Replies: 80
Views: 3213

Re: How frequently you use your SGI (in 2017)?

vishnu wrote:logical explanation it looks like they've decided to give up completely on supporting Javascript/ECMAScript...

Javascript is and was low priority: https://www.dillo.org/Plans.html
by diegel
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:34 pm
Forum: SGI: Discussion
Topic: How frequently you use your SGI (in 2017)?
Replies: 80
Views: 3213

Re: How frequently you use your SGI (in 2017)?

Both Links and Dillo are pretty much useless on the modern web due to lack of Javascript (ECMAScript) support I still use ff3 and dillo for web browsing and it works for 80% of the web for me. For the other 20% I use a modern firefox via remote X11 session. and development of both appears to have s...
by diegel
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:41 pm
Forum: IRIX and Software
Topic: Oolite, Dangerous...
Replies: 16
Views: 1234

Re: Oolite, Dangerous...

by diegel
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 am
Forum: SGI: Hardware
Topic: Indy or O2 for hostile-heat environment
Replies: 33
Views: 821

Re: Indy or O2 for hostile-heat environment

If you don't need graphics, I suggest a Challenge S with Sony power supply. I am using a such a setup for some tasks at home for years now. The Challenge S needs less power than the Indy, produces less heat and is very reliable. Connected to challenge. Escape character is '^]'. IRIX (challenge) logi...
by diegel
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:31 am
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: Show Off Your Home Office Setup & SGI Collection...
Replies: 163
Views: 12387

Re: Show Off Your Home Office Setup & SGI Collection...

Y888099 wrote:First day of therapy.

Good news for us.
by diegel
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:52 am
Forum: SGI: Development
Topic: Dillo 3.0.5
Replies: 4
Views: 614

Re: Dillo 3.0.5

I build a new dillo 3.0.5 with a fixed fltk. The font rendering problem is solved now. It will show up in beta, when neko find some time. If you want to try it now, you can download it at ftp://ftp.nekoware.de:/diegel/neko_dillo-3.0.5.tardist
by diegel
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:04 pm
Forum: SGI: Development
Topic: Firefox3 rebuild
Replies: 98
Views: 8363

Re: Firefox3 rebuild

I don't work on this currently. FF 3.5 and 3.6 compiles fine, but need debugging - I never found the problem. After a long downtime I had some time to replace my nekoware mirror nekoware.de. It's running now on a R5000 Challenge S, which replaced the dead Origin 300. It's not the fastest hardware, b...
by diegel
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:32 am
Forum: Hardware For Sale/Trade
Topic: FS: O2 PSU, 2 euro, but the connector needs some rework
Replies: 2
Views: 249

Re: FS: O2 PSU, 2 euro, but the connector needs some rework

Y888099 wrote:Usually UPS is 20-25 euro within Europe

I don't ship with a shitty company like Ecoparcel.
Sorry, they are cheap, but they are also incompetent.
3 parcels lost every 5 shipped :roll: :roll: :roll:


I prefer Poste Italiane for shipping.
by diegel
Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:30 am
Forum: IRIX and Software
Topic: IRIX driver for Fast Ethernet GIO card
Replies: 4
Views: 387

Re: IRIX driver for Fast Ethernet GIO card

That's what I mirrored from ftp.sgi.com three years ago, I don't think there is any newer version.
by diegel
Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:37 am
Forum: IRIX and Software
Topic: IRIX driver for Fast Ethernet GIO card
Replies: 4
Views: 387

Re: IRIX driver for Fast Ethernet GIO card

Attached you find the driver for 6.2 and 5.3.
by diegel
Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:12 pm
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: Polling Card arrived today.. EU Referendum
Replies: 73
Views: 3956

Re: Polling Card arrived today.. EU Referendum

I'm voting Leave. If this is what your heart says, vote for leave. If I would live in Scotland I voted for in independent Scotland, not for a Scotland in the UK leaving the EU. If I remember our discussion about the Scottish referendum, the main reason why you want to stay in the UK was the EU memb...

Go to advanced search